Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] NHS England

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Space is the Place, Dec 12, 2019.

1. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

Note to potential buyer, it is riddled with debt to the tune of about £35Bn and the assets are badly in need of investment to make them sustainable, with the previous owner seemingly keen to run it into the ground.

Caveat Emptor.

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Your first paragraph claims that name-calling is no substitute for argument, but your second paragraph seems to suggest that that is exactly what won the day.

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

<moderating>

Moved to classifieds, advertising items for sale on open forum is discouraged.

4. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

Did you see the headlines in the Sun, Mail, Telegraph and Express. Name calling writ large. The abuse, lies and evasion seem to have come more from the Tory side than the Labour, with the collusion of the BBC, which didn't challenge anything put out by the right unless confronted, as with the events at the LGI.

clifton and roman like this.
  5. JustJohn

JustJohn pfm Member

Some people appear to have outsourced their sense of humour.

6. nobeone

nobeone pfm Member

Typical classifieds add, no suggested price, no photos, 'cmon this isn't a cheap item, you would have more luck if only you advertised it right.

Still it is a great thing, used something similar myself, GLWS.

jimbot2.0 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  7. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Would the seller consider taking something in exchange. I’ve an awful lot of chlorinated chicken I need to shift. Good condition, only slightly smelly.

Mr Underhill likes this.
  8. I'll take it. P.M on the way..

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Bit ambitious of the OP, wanting to get back what was paid for it. Typical of this place though. Dreamers and chancers.

Is it collection only, or will you deliver?

I have a customer waiting for this very item and will wire you funds immediately. I'm actually going to send you twelvety-trillion dollars, because I have that sum in non-negotiable bonds. I'm happy for you to keep the surplus, so long as you send me back 300 million dollars to cover my admin costs before we complete the deal.

roman and Rana like this.
  10. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Do you take PayPal ?

11. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

I hear the NHS is developing its own payment process, to be known as SickPay(Pal).

Rana and mikeyb like this.
  12. The Chronicals

The Chronicals Disruptor

What did it take to 'better it'?

13. Natara

Natara pfm Member

I'm a life long Labour supporter, I also think that JC is a very decent human being (though I didn't agree he should have led the party into another election) and if apposing Israeli appartheid of the Palestinian people makes me an anti - Semite then I suppose I must one of those too.

My other half is also a nurse who after years of having her spirit and physical condition eroded by the austerity cuts imposed by the Tory party, 14 hour shifts, nightshifts, being on call, unpaid overtime, paycuts (in real terms) and general working conditions and hours that nobody should have to put up with no longer works full or part time for the NHS but works bank and agency shifts because it no longer fit for purpose.

And where do you suppose the Tory government is going to find the 33,000 nurses needed to run the NHS properly? I'll tell you where
    the same place they found all the other nurses, Czech Republic, Spain, South Africa, The Phillipines, Poland, India, Portugal
    and all of the other nations that have provided us with such fantastic nurses. There is just a few problems with that though because if you
    cut through all the lies and bollocks you will see that that the percentage of nurses whose nationality is known who have joined the NHS
    since the referendum has fallen from 11% to 8% and the number leaving has also risen by 22%.

Of course without speaking to the individuals involved we will never know if this was because of Brexit but I can tell you the experience of just one couple who have become very good friends of ours. They are a Spanish nurse and a Spanish carpenter who came to England together in 2011 after a recruitment drive by in Spain by the NHS. They both after a shakey start mastered the language and integrated fully into English society with a wide range of friends from all over the world who also came to England after being ASKED to come to pick up the slack in employment levels. Since the day they set foot on English soil they have contributed in everyway, have worked and paid taxes, have been happy and in 2017 had a child together, within 18 months of the referendum they have returned home to Spain.

We met in person for the first time in October since they left and I asked them both why they had left, first the carpenter told me that from the morning after the referendum he had had British co-workers asking him what he was going to do when Brexit happened and he had to go home?
    He said this ranged from 'banter' to 'what are you going to do when you have to **** off back to Spain?'

The nurse reported exactly the same but not from co-workers but patients and their visitors and both said people would openly talk about 'foriegners' ****ing off back home and good old Boris will **** them all off, within ear shot.

I'm in construction and work on site and my other half is a nurse and I can say that both the Spanish couple's experiences are common and in my experience the only people uneffected by these comments are those who have not integrated and stay tightly within their own groups.

I don't know if my experiences are common but they are real and I for one hope now that Brexit will happen, it happens quick and we can all get back to living and working together no matter which country we where born in the way we did before the politicians and those in power stirred all this bullshit up.

14. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Shameful behaviour and truly sickening.

clifton likes this.
  15. dspatterson

dspatterson Keltik Krazy

Is this a Hifi forum classified advert section or a labour mouthpiece forum.
    Pretty disappointed at the obvious bias of the forum.
    I don't want t stumble over this political bias when I am looking at items for sale.

Surely this should be moved to the correct area of the forum, if not why not.

I don't think moderators should openly show their political leanings on a CLASIFIED SECTION by all means spew it out in off topic where I can easily ignore it.

ERICLIMPIT and lawrence001 like this.
  16. PhilofCas likes this.
  17. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Not me I laughed my tits off when I saw the exit poll at 10pm.

gizze and ERICLIMPIT like this.
  18. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

19. jwb5463

jwb5463 pfm Member

Does it still have the original packaging? Has it been bodged at any point?

20. ERICLIMPIT

ERICLIMPIT pfm Member

Momentum now gravely ill, do not resuscitate...