advertisement

"NHS at breaking point, and broken"

normally i am very positive about care in the NHS with a few exceptions . however my elderly friend in hospital and seems to me the most important thing is them filling in computers . The air mattress he was on was 75% flat and bum on the hard surface of the bed. they changed the bum but made only a bit of difference . he looked unkempt, had a wet pad and that cause pressure ulcers . my conclusion is you dont need to legalise euthanasia ,you just send your loved ones to hospital and ;let them do the job for you :mad::mad:

just an update . my friend rallied and they were lightning fast on discharging him so they are to be commended for that . and even arranged a high level air bed for the home . rang me at 9.15 am and home by 11am !! wow . great service from ambulance staff etc .

Did i see somewhere wales has called off strikes ?due to discussing better pay offer

Welsh ambulance workers have suspended their plans to strike on Monday after a pay offer from the Senedd. The GMB union says its members have been offered a 1.5% non-consolidated rise and a 1.5% consolidated one-off payment for 2022 to 2023 - on top of the already imposed 4.5%.

Funny how making a reasonable pay offer or one at all can stop a strike .
Instead we have no pay offer and accusations of Nhs workers putting lives at risk coupled blatant lies
Looks like Sunak is trying to stir up hate of the unions and hope inflation goes down till he will make an offer .It probably annoys many business people more as the disruption is causing them problems ,quite a few have said they want Sunak to get on with it and settle all the disputes

Doing a great tour of all the local A&e depts !! 3 weeks ago it was half the night in one big hosp and last night it was the biggest one we have . Ambulance came fast after GP did routine visit to my friend . personally i didnt want him to go the hospital but there you go

anyway we sat in the ambulance waiting with the 2 incredible ambulance guys whose knowledge seemed amazing . 3 hours sitting in an ambulance .... oh my gosh how do they do it. not exactly comfortable chairs !

then we got in to a well staffed smooth running A&E with loads of Drs , fascinating to watch the security guards restrain a very difficult chap on the floor . tricky stuff in these places . one chap screaming the place down with broken leg . left after a good many hours in the middle of the night and gave the taxi guy a big tip for working at night and getting me home
amazing to experience it all first hand again

I just had a cancer scare. Total false alarm, but it did give me a chance to see the NHS working brilliantly. The sequence of events went something like this.

1. Young newly graduated GP
2. He says "your prostate seems a little enlarged but I can't be sure, I'm going to ask for an ultrasound"
3. One week later, ultrasound says everything is fine but notes "bladder wall thickening." GP quite honestly says he doesn't know what to do about this so he's going to ask his support team. Three days later he says the support team are disagreeing about what to do about this, so he wants to refer me as an emergency to urology, just in case.
4. Seven days later I find myself with a tube up my dick and the urologist telling me: I knew this was nothing when I saw your referral but you can never be totally sure so . . . .

Anyway this seems a good service to me -- though I could have done without the tube . . .

By the way, in all this time I only saw the GP once, everything else by phone. That seems a real step in the right direction to me.

I just had a cancer scare. Total false alarm, but it did give me a chance to see the NHS working brilliantly. The sequence of events went something like this.

2. He says "your prostate seems a little enlarged but I can't be sure, I'm going to ask for an ultrasound"
3. One week later, ultrasound says everything is fine but notes "bladder wall thickening." GP quite honestly says he doesn't know what to do about this so he's going to ask his support team. Three days later he says the support team are disagreeing about what to do about this, so he wants to refer me as an emergency to urology, just in case.
4. Seven days later I find myself with a tube up my dick and the urologist telling me: I knew this was nothing when I saw your referral but you can never be totally sure so . . . .

Anyway this seems a good service to me -- though I could have done without the tube . . .

By the way, in all this time I only saw the GP once, everything else by phone. That seems a real step in the right direction to me.
Glad it was a false alarm

Well done for doing the right thing and now you have a deserved peace of mind. Went through a similar process when I was working abroad for reoccurring water infections including a urethragram (not much fun) and a voiding urethragram - all clear on that occasion.

The time to worry IME is when they ask you to come to the hospital to discuss your results and there is three medical people in the consultants room waiting for you when you walk in.

Well done for doing the right thing and now you have a deserved peace of mind. Went through a similar process when I was working abroad for reoccurring water infections including a urethragram (not much fun) and a voiding urethragram - all clear on that occasion.

The time to worry IME is when they ask you to come to the hospital to discuss your results and there is three medical people in the consultants room waiting for you when you walk in.
Urethragram? Is that a really, really crap leaving present you get when you leave a place where they all hate you?

glad to hear all well mandryka
NHS been fantastic for a close family member just undergone a months chemo for leukeamia in a top NHS hospital [ in fact probably one of the best in Europe] . today he goes in to start more chemo before having stem cell stransplant . I was to have been that stem cell donor but they ruled me out . However an amazing donor in Europe is going to sit on a machine for 7 hours a day for maybe 2 days to donate stem cells which will then be airfreighted over . Immensly grateful to this chap who does not get paid . must be costing ££££££ to do all this . whether the family member makes it through remains to be seen . there is a lot of risk

well hopefully abolishing the lifetime allowance and pension restrictions may ease the waiting lists a bit hopefully . or maybe more will retire ... who knows . anyway seems good news to me in todays budget

Dame Julie Moore of Worcester Hosp Trust says that the UK "has fewer Doctors, fewer Nurses, scans, beds, everything than any other OECD country"

"Our Hospital has completely run out of room, including corridors"

Our NHS is a casualty of a failed political ideology, an ideology that has failed on every level.

Is there really no alternative?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63808516
A large London Hosputal has over 30 executive admin staff

I wouldn't want to visit Casualty at the best of times. Six hour waiting times have recently been experienced by friends.

I was surprised though, when the OH rang for an appointment at the local doctor's surgery, the result was a home visit from a paramedic.

The paramedic was then able to advise the surgery of required prescription that was delivered the same day.

That's something new that is quite an improvement for a change.

Its amazing how things move on , went to a houset the other day and they were running a prescription service from home from a laptop

Novara media showing dissatisfaction with NHS being weaponised for headlines by talk tv, awful. I hope Julia Hartley-Brewer is booked for an NHS endoscopy soon.

And perhaps haemorrhoid banding too!

advertisement

Back