advertisement

News regarding cliffpatte

I prefer the charity option, and it could be an ongoing option within the forum.

Yep, let's see what the family says.

Cliff's last post told us he was 75% leftie, that might be a guide as to what he would prefer. Maybe his family would be so kind as to guide us?

Message from the family, as it was a heart attack, donations to the British Heart Foundation please.

Thanks

On behalf of Sally-Anne and the children

Just found this. Struggling to come to terms with it to be honest. I never met Cliff but we spoke many times via pm and email. I asked him advice on many occasions and he was unfailingly excellent with his advice to me. I bought a variety of lenses from him and if I ever posted an image on here I always looked for his comment. One of the guys who started me off on my current path and for that I will always be grateful.

His love for his family always shone through in all his wonderful portraits of them. A great sense of contentment, love and pride in his kids. Sincerest condolences to all his family and friends.

Pete T passed on the news to me. I met Cliff quite a few times for beer and photography geekery. He was a thoroughly decent and nice man, who adored his family. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Really sorry to read this tragic news and can only offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I don't post much to the photography room but enjoy reading/viewing it, and was always amazed by Cliff's pictures and the knowledge of the subject he displayed in his many posts there. I will happily make a contribution to the justgiving page that TonyL has set up, and have also dug out an old Konica TC-X camera body as well as a couple of unused camera bags, which I will take down to my local BHF shop so that they can raise more funds there in memory of Cliff.

Also worth noting that British Heart Foundation will collect furniture and electrical. They were very efficient when I gave them some redundant furniture.
bhf.org.uk/collection

Be very wary of giving any vintage audio/electrical kit, no matter how valuable, to charities as these days they tend to skip/junk anything that won't get through a simple PAT, i.e. that 301 or Stereo 20 would end up flung in landfill - far better to make use of pfm's charity room and give the proceeds as cash.

I'm very sorry to read this and pass my best wishes to his family. It's always a terrible shock when something like this happens unexpectedly.

Apologies for only just noticing this thread. Truly shocked at the news. A great contributor to this forum especially in the photo room. Can't think of anyone who knew as much about camera gear as Cliff. He will be missed.

Deepest condolences to all his family and friends and RIP Cliff.

So sorry to read this - only dipping into pfm now and again these days but always loved Cliff's posts and photos, especially the portraits of his family. These were always taken with an adoring eye - my deep condolences to them all.

Kevin

The day I nearly met Cliff ...

Over in that London in January past, as a wedding guest. Had my wee family with me and all out enjoying the sights on the day after the nuptials. Walked past the big guy on the street, only didn't register him at the time. Later, the brain cells made the connection. Back home, photo's of him on PFM confirmed it.

Wish I'd been sharper on the day ...

Mr Tibbs

Very sorry to hear of this terrible news. Knew Cliff from Day one of Naim and this forum. Condolences to his family.
Devraj

advertisement

Back