advertisement

New Zavvi Jazz Offer

RBrinsdon

pfm Member
Zavvi in the UK are advertising a new jazz vinyl offer of 3 randomly selected classic albums for £9.99 plus p&p on this Black Friday.

There is a disclaimer saying that if you ordered the bigger selections previously then you may get duplicates but for jazz newcomers this has got to be a decent deal even if they are not the "best" pressings.

Thanks a lot for posting this.

Aside from enjoying Kind of Blue and a few bits & pieces, I’m no jazz buff. But I’m now in my mid 40s and have a nice turntable on the way - basically the perfect demographic for this offer :D

Ordered 3 lots, fingers crossed in the selection.

Thanks a lot for posting this.

Aside from enjoying Kind of Blue and a few bits & pieces, I’m no jazz buff. But I’m now in my mid 40s and have a nice turntable on the way - basically the perfect demographic for this offer :D

Ordered 3 lots, fingers crossed in the selection.

Would be interested to hear which you get.

Thanks for the heads up mr Brinsdon! Bought six records, post only £1.99 too.

I’m betting you will get to know Eric Dolphy quite well! Never heard of him, so that’s good…

I’m betting you will get to know Eric Dolphy quite well! Never heard of him, so that’s good…
Don’t get me wrong, I like Eric a lot. I’ve got the Musical Prophet box set and even get off on the bass clarinet/double bass duets. Mingus’ bands were never the same after he left and sadly couldn’t come back. Mingus himself was never quite the same, it seems. And not many people find themselves named in the title of a Zappa tune. But if you get Out To Lunch as part of your bundle, I’d play it after you have listened to say Getz and Gilberto or Sketches of Spain.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Eric a lot. I’ve got the Musical Prophet box set and even get off on the bass clarinet/double bass duets. Mingus’ bands were never the same after he left and sadly couldn’t come back. Mingus himself was never quite the same, it seems. And not many people find themselves named in the title of a Zappa tune. But if you get Out To Lunch as part of your bundle, I’d play it after you have listened to say Getz and Gilberto or Sketches of Spain.

It’s good as their is so many artists I’ve yet to come across knowingly. I’ve sketches of Spain and very fond of it; so I’ll remember your advise if OTL pops up in my bundles.

Had an email on Friday saying ‘we know we haven’t sent you your order yet, we’re working on it’.

Anyone else had theirs arrive, or do others’ orders appear to be delayed as well?

advertisement

Back