advertisement

New universal credit retsrictions

Rodrat

pfm Member
The government announced today that if you are unemployed you now have only 4 weeks to apply for job in your area of expertise or experience before being forced to take any job. If you don’t there will be sanctions. It beggars belief that they seem to have no knowledge of how long it can take from the vacancy being advertised to the successful candidate being in post. I can just see someone being forced to take a job in a supermarket and then handing in their notice one or two weeks later.

I can understand targeting the perpetual unemployed who make no real effort to find work but be sensible.

A Job Guarantee would fill job vacancies, act as a buffer to inflation, raise living standards and smooth the economy.

https://gimms.org.uk/job-guarantee/

Instead we have a government that deliberately creates millions of unemployed as a matter of policy and ideology calling it “natural” and having deliberately created misery for millions, then vilifies those it has immiserated.

We live under such an immoral ideology

It'll probably result in people applying for jobs they neither want or have no hope of getting or they'll get an interview and insure there's no way the employer will hire them, a bit of a waste of resources from an employers pov.

Is it actually "if you are unemployed you now have only 4 weeks to apply for job in your area of expertise or experience before being forced to take any job" i.e. you need to apply, not be in position?

For applying then I don't see a big problem, if it's being in position then it's nonsense of course.

Let's say your an engineer, and you apply for a job at Tesco. Why would they take the trouble to employ you if they know that you'll take a better suited job when it comes up?
I recommend Mr @ks.234 and his reply above to the house.

Could it be that there is an election coming our way soon? Lets see if there is announcement about how we should be locking more people up for minor offences....

Is it actually "if you are unemployed you now have only 4 weeks to apply for job in your area of expertise or experience before being forced to take any job" i.e. you need to apply, not be in position?

For applying then I don't see a big problem, if it's being in position then it's nonsense of course.

And how long before they move to the next stage?

They expect you to secure a job in your preferred profession in less time than it takes them to process your claim. You can now expect them to sanction you before they've even paid you.

We are where we are because some people actually vote for this shite.

In another thread, I suggested Compulsory voting and Education.

One response was, How to Educate?

Now I think this...

Vote or the stupids will elect in the torys!!!

If these politicians actually lived in the real world they might actually have some appreciation for those that are genuinely in hard times and struggling to get work and to survive. The days of just walking into a job are long gone. To get anything in management generally does take time, and for good reason. It costs to hire, in time, advertising etc. so an organisation will want to make sure they get the right candidate for the role.

Also, a large number of people that become unemployed didn't chose to be in that position, and they won't necessarily want to take any old job. In October 2020 I was made redundant (due to the pandemic), spent the following 3 months trying to get work (as a Project Manager), had an awful lot of interviews, some of which went really well and where all over the place, as I was prepared to travel. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful in getting a PM role, so I managed to get a part time job as a Waitrose Delivery Driver while trying to set up my own business. So far, this is working out. It hasn't been easy though and is not without its struggle and hardship. I have been living on a shoestring for 2 years now and the increasing cost of living isn't helping!

The Tories attitude to the unemployed and those on (and really requiring) benefit support is nothing short of disgraceful. It saddens me to say that I voted them in, mainly as I couldn't abide Jeremy Corbyn, hindsights a wonderful thing!

If these politicians actually lived in the real world they might actually have some appreciation for those that are genuinely in hard times and struggling to get work and to survive. The days of just walking into a job are long gone. To get anything in management generally does take time, and for good reason. It costs to hire, in time, advertising etc. so an organisation will want to make sure they get the right candidate for the role.

Also, a large number of people that become unemployed didn't chose to be in that position, and they won't necessarily want to take any old job. In October 2020 I was made redundant (due to the pandemic), spent the following 3 months trying to get work (as a Project Manager), had an awful lot of interviews, some of which went really well and where all over the place, as I was prepared to travel. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful in getting a PM role, so I managed to get a part time job as a Waitrose Delivery Driver while trying to set up my own business. So far, this is working out. It hasn't been easy though and is not without its struggle and hardship. I have been living on a shoestring for 2 years now and the increasing cost of living isn't helping!

The Tories attitude to the unemployed and those on (and really requiring) benefit support is nothing short of disgraceful. It saddens me to say that I voted them in, mainly as I couldn't abide Jeremy Corbyn, hindsights a wonderful thing!

I do appreciate your candid comments and I hope that you, and many other Tory voters, realise that supporting these people is not in anyone’s interest unless they are extremely wealthy.

Last edited:
There is no level to which these pieces of shit in distorted semi human form will not sink to.

Voting tory is about the worst hate crime one can commit and it needs to be widely recognised as such!

To state the bloody obvious, they are trying to FORCE any one unlucky enough to lose their job to do all the "shovelling shit" level jobs that previously only East Europeans would touch.

In the 70s/80s as one drove (or was driven, as a kid) along the A4 under the elevated section of the M4 towards central London, on one of the supports was scrawled, in 3ft high letters '**** WORK' with the 'O' marked with the anarchist 'A'. I had no idea what the O/A thing meant or what anarchy/an anarchist was but it had a huge resonance with me then and I cannot see it being any less relevant now. Quite the opposite in fact.

advertisement

Back