advertisement

New Tiger Paw Sratos Sondek plinth ?

Spudgun

The Stratos Looks good .
Has anyone seen or heard one in the flesh?
file.php
Tiger+Paw+Stratos+at+Hidden+Systems.jpg

Wow!

Some engineering in that, looks like a piece of art to me. Impressive does not do it justice.

How much then?

I only spoke to Roger a couple of days ago and he didn’t mention it - still, there it is and very nearly 2K cheaper than the Tangerine Audio Stiletto.

Perhaps it’s time for a machined from billet platter that is really properly balanced...

On the Tigerpaw website it says £3,000.00.

It’s a clamshell desingn that incorporates the plinth, top plate and under plate.

Looks bloody awful, the only thing the LP12 had going for it was the silver top plate, polished platter and wood plinth looked good.

That just looks dull and boring.

Tiger+Paw+Stratos+at+Hidden+Systems.jpg

I am definitely up for a dem of this and a comparison against Tangerine Audio’s Stiletto. Especially as I was impressed by The Stiletto and this comes a couple of £k cheaper and includes a base which is an extra £1k for The Stiletto.

Richard

My guess is it's one piece, and a good saving on the Tangerine Stiletto.

No need to guess, it’s all on the Tigerpaw website - it’s two pieces, but not in the way one may expect.

It’s machined from two large billets of aluminium and the groove around the top plate is just a styling feature, it’s not a separate part, just made to look a bit like one.

At first glance it looks very much like my Tangerine Audio Stilleto (all be it mine is non fluted), I have to say that if it is 2 piece clamshell design, that £3000 sounds a lot of money for it bearing in mind that it’s structural integrity has to be far less effective than the Stilleto which is one complete piece and in real terms maybe not such a leap forward/value for money when you can purchase the Stilleto for another £1900.
One has to ask is this just jumping on the bandwagon, yes it is a fair bit cheaper than the Tangerine, top end Ford or BMW, you make your choice, pay the money and hope it works for you. Time will tell deal or real deal.

I only spoke to Roger a couple of days ago and he didn’t mention it - still, there it is and very nearly 2K cheaper than the Tangerine Audio Stiletto.

Perhaps it’s time for a machined from billet platter that is really properly balanced...
I have to agree a black platter would look good.

I have to say that if it is 2 piece clamshell design, that £3000 sounds a lot of money for it bearing in mind that it’s structural integrity has to be far less effective than the Stilleto

How much structural 'integrity' does it need in your opinion? Its a frame to hang a sub-frame from. nothing more.

At first glance it looks very much like my Tangerine Audio Stilleto (all be it mine is non fluted), I have to say that if it is 2 piece clamshell design, that £3000 sounds a lot of money for it bearing in mind that it’s structural integrity has to be far less effective than the Stilleto which is one complete piece and in real terms maybe not such a leap forward/value for money when you can purchase the Stilleto for another £1900.
One has to ask is this just jumping on the bandwagon, yes it is a fair bit cheaper than the Tangerine, top end Ford or BMW, you make your choice, pay the money and hope it works for you. Time will tell deal or real deal.

I’m afraid your assumption regarding structural integrity just isn’t true. The Stilleto isn’t one piece as the base is a separate element. All that is different (in terms of part count) between the two designs is the way the two parts are formed. In terms of absolute rigidity I would expect the two designs to be very similar.

looks fake and no longer an lp12 ,I cannot see it sounding like a linn but it may be better sounding to some people

I really like the design. It looks more structurally complete than the stilletto if anything.

Be interesting to compare especially given the cost.

It's an exciting time to be upgrading an lp12 !

advertisement

Back