advertisement

New superior quality belt for Thorens TD125 etc.

I would be interested in a couple for an LP12 when they are available please Mike.

Ta.

The lead time for the LP12 belt is now around 3-4 weeks.

I've got stock of almost all of the Thorens belts.

Hi Mike, anything suitable for a deck with a 550mm circuference, measured with string please?

Hi Mike, anything suitable for a deck with a 550mm circuference, measured with string please?
Yes, the Thorens belt-drive models 60Hz size belt should be about perfect for that. I have a couple in stock. Send me a PM if you would like to order one.

would you do the kuzma stabi belt apparently 568mm , a little bit of scope because the motor will move forward and back by about 10mm , cheers phil.

would you do the kuzma stabi belt apparently 568mm , a little bit of scope because the motor will move forward and back by about 10mm , cheers phil.
Is the 568mm the length of the belt or the distance around the pulley and sub platter?

Is the 568mm the length of the belt or the distance around the pulley and sub platter?
Hi mike , ive just taken the measerment from the origin live web site , just measured the belt
and it would appear that 568mm is correct , and 4.8mm wide also 0.96 thick , cheers phil.

Last edited:
Can you also do Pink Triangle belts?

If you give me the dimensions I can see if any of the sizes we have are suitable. I need an accurate measure of the circumference around the two pulleys (motor pulley and platter/sub-platter, the width and the thickness.

I have fitted this new belt onto my 124.
Yes you can hear it maybe for the first couple of sessions . Then it becomes silent.
I am convinced it has contributed to bringing down the overall drivetrain noise.
An excellent product. Thanks Mike
I also got the 125 belt but that will wait for restoration of the tt.

I can now confirm that this belt is excellent on the following models:

TD125
TD150
TD160
TD166

I'll be able to add more models to this list shortly.

Add to that list:
TD145
Thorens 2001/3001
Phonosophie P3

I can confirm that the belt for LP12 is superb! Lower noise better detail retrieval and note timbre.

Hits all the right notes (LOL) for the tune dem too:-

• Can you hear all the musicians playing all of the instruments all of the time? - YES
  • Can you always follow the tune played by every instrument? - YES
  • How easy is it to sing-along/follow with the melody? - VERY

I've just taken delivery of new stock of the following belts:

Thorens:
  • TD124/TD121/TD224 (both 50Hz and 60Hz versions)
  • TD-105 - 115, 125, 126, 127, 226, 146, 147, 150, 160 – 166, 280 MK I – III, 290, 325, 316 –321, 325, 520, 521, 700, 900, Concerto 2001 & 3001 plus all current models up to and including TD- 309, 1600 & 1601 (Excluding the TD-201 & 202)
Other:
  • Roksan Xerxes
  • Phonosophie P3
  • Kuzma Stabi

What makes a Phonosophie P3 so special to you? Plinth, suspension, sub chassis, power supply, motor, bearing, arm? I thought they were based on a Thorens design?

advertisement

Back