advertisement

New superior quality belt for Thorens TD125 etc.

Mike P

Trade: Pickwell Audio
Regulars of the classic section will probably be aware of the new belt which I've brought to the market for the Thorens TD124.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/thorens-td-124-ii-restoration-upgrade.111036/page-26

We've also done a belt to suit many Thorens belt drive decks such as the TD150/160/125 etc.

I've been using one of these on my own TD125mk2 for a while now and it really is superb, even if I do say so myself. It's deathly quiet, just perfect in length/tension and dropped the measured wow on my deck from 0.2% to 0.07%.

This belt has a diameter of 165mm, circumference of 518mm, 0.8mm thickness, 4mm width and is designed to suit decks with a belt path distance of 563mm (measurements taken from my own TD125), thus giving about 8% stretch.

The data I have suggests that this same belt will also fit a number of other classic belt drive Thorens models such as the TD126, TD127, TD160, TD166, TD145 but I haven't been able to verify the measurements myself.

If you're not sure if this belt is suitable for your deck please measure the belt path length. It would be very useful to have this information anyway, even if you're not interested in buying a belt from me!

TD125 belt 1 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

I've just received my first batch of these so drop me a PM if you're interested in buying one.

I've also got longer and shorter belts available too if anyone finds their deck measures up differently.

Last edited:
It was poignant moment fitting it as it was a gift from a very good friend who unfortunately died suddenly (reaction to astrozenaca jab!) and him ringing me to say he'd bought two belts for his Td125 but had decided to sell the 125 so would I like the spare one was the last time I spoke to him. It arrived in the post a few days later. I got a call from another mate of his to say he'd passed away maybe two weeks later:(

The TD125 belts are £20 each, plus postage (96p for 2nd class or £1.29 1st class).

If you need international postage, please contact me for a quote.

Good :)
So the question is, Mike: is it better than the genuine Thorens belt I have had for 40 years and that is still available from them?

I can now confirm that this belt is excellent on the following models:

TD125
TD150
TD160
TD166

I'll be able to add more models to this list shortly.

Put me down for an lp12 one Mike. Might be worth looking at kuzma decks too, plenty of those about.

Hi, I would be interested in an LP12 one. Could you PM me once it is available please (if possible:))

Will do. I'm just waiting on the final test reports to come in from the folks that have been testing them for me. If all's well the LP12 belt will be available in the next few weeks.

Regulars of the classic section will probably be aware of the new belt which I've brought to the market for the Thorens TD124.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/thorens-td-124-ii-restoration-upgrade.111036/page-26

We've also done a belt to suit many of the TD125.

I've been using one of these on my own TD125mk2 for a while now and it really is superb, even if I do say so myself. It's deathly quiet, just perfect in length/tension and dropped the measured wow on my deck from 0.2% to 0.07%.

This belt has a diameter of 165mm, circumference of 518mm, 0.8mm thickness, 4mm width and is designed to suit decks with a belt path distance of 563mm (measurements taken from my own TD125), thus giving about 8% stretch.

The data I have suggests that this same belt will also fit a number of other classic belt drive Thorens models such as the TD126, TD127, TD160, TD166, TD145 but I haven't been able to verify the measurements myself.

If you're not sure if this belt is suitable for your deck please measure the belt path length. It would be very useful to have this information anyway, even if you're not interested in buying a belt from me!

TD125 belt 1 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

I've just received my first batch of these so drop me a PM if you're interested in buying one.

I've also got longer and shorter belts available too if anyone finds their deck measures up differently.

It should also fit the Manticore Mantra too, as that used a Thorens belt.

advertisement

Back