advertisement

New Southern Hifi Show, March 2020

Hmm southern = south east? 4 hours from this Southern who is 2 1/2 hours from lands end ... ignore me, I hope London and the South East enjoy, I'm just a grumpy wessex boi

I guess because I was hoping for more than ‘more of the same’ but in another location. Shows like the Northwest Audio Show have shown that you can create a commercial event that has more going for it than the usual and I was hoping for more of that.

I just hope it isn't at the time in March I'm usually out of the country on business.

It's nice to be able to drive for just half an hour to be there, vastly preferable to the hike over to Bristol, but all rather moot if I happen to need to set off from Kuala Lumpur which has been the reason I haven't been to Bristol in years.

Last edited:
Given that they haven't announced a format, nor an exhibitor list, your negative conclusions do seem rather premature.

Don’t get me wrong, I would be more than happy to be proved incorrect.

But the OP’s infomercial doesn’t suggest anything more than ‘more of the same’ - time yet for the organisers to prove otherwise though.

To be clear, we are talking of the Chester Group. And yes I too wonder of the efficacy of yet another show UNLESS they take a different approach: market it in such a way to attract the existing market but also make it INVITING to those who have yet to self-identify as "audiophiles", "audio enthusiasts", "hi-fi hobbyists"

To the extent that this is another show, how indeed will the be different not just from other shows, but their other shows as well. The Chester Group's New York Audio Show was not a rip-roaring success, and perhaps, as a result, they're looking to expand on their roster closer to home.

Great that the area beckons for a local show, just please, please make it something that they want to attend the next year and years following as well.

#allthatiask

Interesting that their blurb in the link refers to the show in Kent 'and its directly adjoining counties'. There's only East Sussex and Surrey, so not a very wide catchment area, then. However (and Maidstone is my birth town), nothing much happens hifi-wise in Kent so this is a bonus for the south-east (and London). Pity I moved to Norfolk some years back, though !

Interesting that their blurb in the link refers to the show in Kent 'and its directly adjoining counties'. There's only East Sussex and Surrey, so not a very wide catchment area, then. However (and Maidstone is my birth town), nothing much happens hifi-wise in Kent so this is a bonus for the south-east (and London). Pity I moved to Norfolk some years back, though !

Just those three counties have a population of over 3 million, plus this is part of the wealthiest part of the UK outside of London. On top of that, geographically it does mean that many in the south east wouldn't have to grapple withe the M25 in order to attend.

advertisement

Back