advertisement

New SailGP series

peter bj

pfm Member
As there was a bit of interest in the Americas cup I wondered if anyone watched this at the weekend . It features identical wing sailed catamarans going very fast on foils , they seem a bit tricky to sail offering plenty of action . Ainslie in the end gave the others a masterclass and showed again how good he actually is when faced with equal boats .

Todays racing on you tube and 3 more races tomorrow . Lightish winds today but very close racing with lots of place changing and very fast for amount of wind available , more wind scheduled for tomorrow

Slightly related but what an amazing privelige to see the world's biggest sailing ship in torbay yesterday. Went right up to it in the ferry .awesome

I think Gill Marine based near Nottingham are sponsoring the British team re clothing.

GREAT BRITAIN SAILGP TEAM
Gill Marine Clothing are the Official Technical Clothing Partner for the Great British SailGP Team. The British brand has a long history in sailing and pride themselves on designing clothing that is engineered to withstand the elements. ”

https://shopsailgp.com/pages/teams

We use Gill Marine a lot, but then the Daughter-in-law works for them :)
All the clothing works well, in terms of jackets.

Just catching up with this. Race 3 was crazy, exciting stuff! Felt a bit sorry for the Spanish, I like crews who try something different. Superb comeback by the Ozzies in race 6, a well earned victory.

advertisement

Back