advertisement

New Rega turntable.

it looks as if the previous P1 , at the bottom of the line, hadn't benefitted up to now from the upgrades which meant a newer 251 arm for P2, 301 for P3, so now a new 101 wich has taken over the 100 besides the added phenolic structure isn't obvious? I don't really think the coulored p3/24 will benefit from any further upgrades, and since this latter with his psu has come closer to the older P5 I strongly suspect it would be the next on the list...then we have a p10 prototype too ..

There will be two new TT above current P9.

They will be priced aprox. double P9 and triple+ P9

There will be two new TT above current P9.

They will be priced aprox. double P9 and triple+ P9

Over $15.000 on a Rega WOW. Who new Rega wanted to make a rich mans TT after all this time. All I know, it better be out of this world to make LP-12,SME,Simon York,..........owners convert.

how long you been in charge of rega R&D then? I seem to remember similar comments about the isis and osiris before they before they broke cover. Having finally laid hands on a P9, if transferring the gubbins to a crappy carbon/foam core can improve the sound then why not.I would personally rather have something like that in the house than the usual alternative of Oil rig clone or Acylic behomoth.

dudy,

Don't bite. Rega bashing is part of the fun for some here :)p sq225917).

_d

One of the handful of affordable TT companies to get the timing close to right. The P-7 new with Exact is the steal of the century I must say. I love the fit and forget aspect of Rega. Just thought the P-9 was a bit to pricey for the performance price ratio. Kick ass used LP-12 land you know. Don't get me wrong the 9 is great but a cirkused, lingoed, Ekos, Adik, LP-12 can be had with a little know how, that walks the 9 in all areas of musical timing for the same outlay as the 9. Now to get in to radikal land well, is quite ambitions for a stepping stone TT company with a non suspended design like the KING of rhythm. Timing will tell all once again.

In that case, It's a pity I dislike Linn turntables then really, and think the 9 is more than capable of showing any Linn I have heard a clean pair of heels.

One of the handful of affordable TT companies to get the timing close to right. The P-7 new with Exact is the steal of the century I must say. I love the fit and forget aspect of Rega. Just thought the P-9 was a bit to pricey for the performance price ratio. Kick ass used LP-12 land you know. Don't get me wrong the 9 is great but a cirkused, lingoed, Ekos, Adik, LP-12 can be had with a little know how, that walks the 9 in all areas of musical timing for the same outlay as the 9. Now to get in to radikal land well, is quite ambitions for a stepping stone TT company with a non suspended design like the KING of rhythm. Timing will tell all once again.

I recently read somewhere that Rega thinking on suspension is that it was fine for the multi-change players of yore :D.

As for the closeness of the 7/9 performance at half the cost, surely this is what Rega are about. The RP1 brings serious vinyl replay to the masses, and then according to Mr. Flemming not one, but two t/t's above the P9. Sheesh! (as they say).

No Rega hating here, I'm an ex P5 owner. But you know I'm right, it will be some fancy plinth material + P9 bits.

For those really intrigued as to who the mystery person is might I suggest a quick visit to Audio T in Brighton.

I am surprised no one has recognised him as he is very well known within the industry.

I first met Julian when he was at Jefferies Hi FI in Eastbourne and set up my first LP12/Grace/Supex deck in the 70's.

Contrary to what one may think of his looks, he is a real gent.

M

I don't think that liking Julian to our Donald Sutherland should be construed as anything other than praise for his mug.

As to Marty Feldman, he wasn't always making faces...

martyfeldman_2_396x222.jpg

For those really intrigued as to who the mystery person is might I suggest a quick visit to Audio T in Brighton.

I am surprised no one has recognised him as he is very well known within the industry.

I first met Julian when he was at Jefferies Hi FI in Eastbourne and set up my first LP12/Grace/Supex deck in the 70's.

Contrary to what one may think of his looks, he is a real gent.

M

I bought a box in Audio T Brighton once, a while ago is it. I think I do remember him now. Had the same amount of hair then as well.

DS

advertisement

Back