advertisement

New Rega turntable.

Folkman

pfm Member
For all those waiting for the new top end turntable from Rega............
this aint it :D

A new RP1 is on the website now though.

The phenolic resin platter has to be a significant improvement over the old MDF one.

"The RP1 is the first in a new generation of Rega turntables offering far greater performance than their predecessors."

I couldn't find it on the UK rega site - but on a dealer site,
cool grey is the nearest to black... or titanium or white.

I read the other day that TESCO has seen turntable sales double each month since it started selling them in May... (it was a reference to a Daily express article)

but then is has 2 plastic specials @ £60 & £75 - with USB ports...
~ some of those sales should translate to sales of better decks as collecting the ol black stuff can be addictive so pro-ject and rega or a dj deck could be then next step for some :)

J

Then a new Rega P5 must be coming! :cool:
Rega needs to handle the competion from the Clearaudio Concept.

Guess it'll be an RP5.

Wonder what order they'll do the RP releases in? I think the best strategy would be to get the RP3 out soon, and the new flagship, and then fill in the gaps.

More importantly than R prefixed P-deck speculation, do either of these two blokes remind anyone of a particular celebrity?

audio-t-service-day-winner.gif

To get things started, I'll suggest Donald Sutherland on the left. If he isn't our Donald then he simply mush be a first cousin.

Craig

Disclaimer: No offence intend to any person or persons now living or deceased, including, but not limited to, any of Donald Sutherland's past or present hair stylists.

I wonder if either of them suffer from frakyness is it?

One day there will be a picture of a man on a Hi-Fi Forum that you could show your The Wife, and say 'There, I told you there were other normals out there inerested in Hi-Fi equipment'

Today is not then there.

DS

Then a new Rega P5 must be coming! :cool:
Rega needs to handle the competion from the Clearaudio Concept.

I don't think there's any decent competition against Clearaudio, allthough there is some market competition all TT manufacturers inbetween, not many potential Rega owners or coming owners would dream of Clearaudio.

Beside I think this new RP series looks very interesting, it will be exiting to follow the RP1 performance vs existing P2 etc..
The P1 arm didn't last long

Will they introduce new range MM cartridges as well ?

I vote for Alan Rickman and that bloke off of Dynasty is it, you know Blake Carrington or something.

DS

it looks as if the previous P1 , at the bottom of the line, hadn't benefitted up to now from the upgrades which meant a newer 251 arm for P2, 301 for P3, so now a new 101 wich has taken over the 100 besides the added phenolic structure isn't obvious? I don't really think the coulored p3/24 will benefit from any further upgrades, and since this latter with his psu has come closer to the older P5 I strongly suspect it would be the next on the list...then we have a p10 prototype too ..

advertisement

Back