advertisement

New Rega Elicit

Very nice indeed! And a new DAC included as well. Rega are on a roll at the moment.

ELICIT_Mk5_we_main_fullwidth_%282%29_%281%29.jpg

I saw that this morning when they posted it on Twitter. I really like the look of it. I wonder if there will be a new Elex to match.

They have implemented Alps Pot, seemingly with no button light, hope its not as sensitive as Aethos.

I'm surprised the top cabinet has visible screws.

Looks nice that, the only thing that irks me is the "input" text under the button. Maybe put it to the right of the button to associate it both with the button and illuminated input numbers?

I wonder if they've improved output stage bias stability and stopped the overheating & cut-out issue that myself and many others have experienced on the last version?

I wonder if they've improved output stage bias stability and stopped the overheating & cut-out issue that myself and many others have experienced on the last version?
No more side openings to let the air flow like on the Elicit-R and the Elicit2 (which was actually Mk3, then, after all!), so the changes must be pressty substantial!
(I now have my Elicit-R on top of the rack and this stops the overheating issue completely for me. It really needs a lot of airflow).

Why would anyone bring out a new amp with a DAC that does not have a USB input:( ? surely that's what just about everyone uses nowadays, if not networked?

The DAC inclusion is curious. On a IO, I'd understand. But I'll assume Rega have done their due diligence with prospective buyers.

I don’t think so, Rega that game for good.

But I do wonder if the new dac sounds better than my Dac R.
Also I am bit worried about the emphasis on the new thermal shutdown feature.
My Elex-R is in a cupboard and never gets more than slightly warm to the touch.

I asked Rega about the dac on Instagram and they told me that it is a Dac R without the filters. That sounds promising!

What is the significance of the ALPS potentiometer?
Is it better than the old vol. control ?
Is it better than the vol control in my Elex-R?

advertisement

Back