advertisement

New pricy 845 tubes

OM2

Hi
Does anyone who has the smart 845 by unison research know which of the new chinese 845 tubes by psvane and Shunguang will work well with amps ?
First I mean from the technical aspect of specifications, but will love to hear sonic impressions as well
Will appreciate your opinions
Thanks

I've got a Line Magnetic LM518ia which is an 845 amp and have tried a few:

Shuguang (came with the amp badged as LM)
Psvane 845b HiFi series
Psvane 845-T-MII/2

By far the best are the 845-t-mii/2 and it really is noticeable how much better they sound than the hifi series.

Don't think 845 specs vary that much but I did avoid some of the funkier mesh grid ones as they can require much lower grid voltages.

That's sure a useful information from the sonic perspective
Thank you thebiglebowski..
I hope some one with the same amps can give his point of view as well
Has someone tried the psvane Acne, do they worth their price ?
Is it safe to buy them at ebay ?
Thanks

I have a spare set of 845s i think Psvane T 2s it was close call between those and the ones i currently use which are similar but have the black coating on the inside both sets are larger ( wider than standard 845s to aid heat dissipation and give longevity ) I may be willing to sell them on they have had no more than 10 hours on them.
Best David

........both sets are larger ( wider than standard 845s to aid heat dissipation and give longevity ) ..................

There will be a nominal vacuum inside the bulb, so greater clearance/larger bulb will give better insulation, not increase heat loss rate. What will make a difference will be the black coating, which will increase radiation from the bulb. That said, a lot of heat dissipation will rely on conduction down through the cap, which will not have changed.

I have a spare set of 845s i think Psvane T 2s it was close call between those and the ones i currently use which are similar but have the black coating on the inside both sets are larger ( wider than standard 845s to aid heat dissipation and give longevity ) I may be willing to sell them on they have had no more than 10 hours on them.
Best David
Thanks David
Can you send me a private message with a link to the specific tubes model you have offered

advertisement

Back