advertisement

New Peter Gabriel

Was just going to post this link as well, and say the same of his voice. Kept the band together as well.
Hope the gigs turn out well, we will see.

I've always loved his voice which for me continues to have a humane comforting quality; therefore I like Panopticom. Yet I am also ever so slightly dissapointed that lyrics aside it could have been recorded at anytime in the past 40 years and has a slightly formulaic feel to it. I would still enjoy a whole album like this but hope there will be a few surprises.

Last edited:
Genius indeed and superb live on the occasions I have seen him play.

I think this song will be a bit of a grower. I've listened to it a few times and it seems far to familiar at first listen. It has all the Gabriel signatures, hooks etc. Something seems missing to me right now but perhaps when the full album is released it will all gel.

I wish I could get to see him again!

Yet I am also ever so slightly dissapointed that lyrics aside it could have been recorded at anytime in the past 40 years and has a slightly formulaic feel to it.

Guess it needs some Autotune...

"The Court" may well be the best thing I've heard from Gabriel. Its magnificent.

The thing with Gabriel is that unlike a lot of artists (although I feel Kate Bush is in the same boat) his best work takes time to work its way into your subconscious, but once there it never leaves you. Part of the reason for this is he moves around musically quite a bit and no two albums really sound alike. I have listened to The Court about 20 times now and I am loving it whereas on first listen I was just thinking 'that's pretty good'. As ever it's taken its time to sink in... or maybe I'm just a bit slow.

When Peter Gabriel IV was released I was initially underwhelmed (I loved III, played it to death so was anticipating more of the same), ten or so listens later and I'm thinking 'this is genius', fast forward 40 years and I still listen to it once a month at least and it's in my top 5 albums of all time and my favourite Gabriel album.

advertisement

Back