advertisement

New Order

There is definitely something going on with big Bs face.

imo also notable Stephens air of a disappointed teacher, and why standing on chairs?

What’s with the three elderly librarians who don’t quite grasp the concept of ‘musical chairs’ look?

Ddbt7_Pt_Wk_AA1f_XN.jpg
Great photo

Gillian is pulling a " which of you boys just farted? " face. Stephen looking more guilty than Barney.

Agree with all about Technique being the last album of note, and what was it. 1989. that's 30 years ago, blimiry time flies. I always thought, and still do, that every NO album is better than the one after it, though recently think PCL may just trump Movement. And the 2nd Peel session is just sublime, you can hear PCL in it, even a year out (session was June 82).

Also agree that they could be crap one night and great the next, even with almost the same set. Brighton Center Mar 86 was crap, very next night in Poole was amazing. Maybe the thrill of the train ride to Poole did it, Brighton was my home town. Then there was no train back from Poole so we walked round Portsmouth all night looking for a cafe. Wow, the things you do at 19.

Last time I saw NO was 89 at Reading, was great. Have seen Hooky twice past few years, amazing to hear stuff like Procession, EGG and Exercise One!!!. At least with Hooky you get what you expect to get, no pretence about modernizing ;)

Off to stare at my NO ticket from Pompey Guildhall Aug 84, priceless!

Slightly OT but does anyone know where I can get a recording of this without having to spend a fortune on the 'FACTUS 8' CD?

Ah yes I forgot about that. I had the cassette version which had both tracks on the second tape. The CD version misses out some tracks.

tobermory

Your post takes me back.

I agree the Poole gig was excellent (also Portsmouth GH), and now pleased I could get to Brighton!

I blew a term of student grant following NO around UK during their spring '85 mini tour.
Co-incidentally ended up in Ian Curtis Macc' former home on the last night (at that time was a B&B).

Cheers - John

Unfortunately, I only saw them live once; Reading in '89.

That was a f**king lifetime ago now... :(

tobermory

Your post takes me back.

I agree the Poole gig was excellent (also Portsmouth GH), and now pleased I could get to Brighton!

I blew a term of student grant following NO around UK during their spring '85 mini tour.
Co-incidentally ended up in Ian Curtis Macc' former home on the last night (at that time was a B&B).

Cheers - John

You are indeed a groupie, but I like you.

Bloss

advertisement

Back