Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Naim 372 and 250 at Munich

Discussion in 'audio' started by PerF, May 12, 2022.

1. per flemming

per flemming Registered User

They pull just about anything critic nowadays.
    No free speech.
    Highly moderated forum for disciples only.

2. per flemming

I just realised you need to buy Focal speakers to get a Grey Star, its a complete package.
    Oh my dear

3. Ryder35

Ryder35 Member

To be fair the thread starter asked for it to be closed. It has not been removed and there is plenty of critical comments in there that have not been moderated.

4. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Not sure I've been back to the Naim forum for a decade, despite having a full Naim system. It's an utterly pointless experience compared to here.

leni and per flemming like this.
  5. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

As someone whose main Naim system was made in 1977 and newest item is a NAC 62 I'm not sure what to think. The hifi world and photography seem share this upgraditis. Of course manufacturers encourage this as it's a part of the market. My father's old kit will probably see me out. However I do need to sort out a streaming solution some time :rolleyes:

Guinnless likes this.
  6. Ryder35

Ryder35 Member

I know what you mean. Joined there recently. Some of the posters are really nice and helpful. Some are, shall we say less so ;) I also find the dogmatic approach to source first and upgrade paths a little stifling. I guess one of the appeals of Naim is knowing everything is matching and there is a defined upgrade path and I bought my 282 and 250 with that in mind. However, having listened to my non-Naim sources through the 282 hooked up to my NAD amp as an interim while I wait for the 250 I am questioning that logic. Happy with the 282 but will keep my current sources (Brinkmann Nyquist and Bardo) and may also cancel the 250 and go active ATCs.

7. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I always wanted Naim to do a more simple pre-amp, just a couple of inputs, a 52 light with balanced outputs.

If you go active with ATCs you can save a lot of money space by simply buying a CDA2.

AndyU likes this.
  8. lagavullin10y

lagavullin10y pfm Member

What about the Atom HE? Gives you a streamer and proper headphone amp too, but analogue inputs get adc’ed.

9. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I won’t go back to naim now. ATC gear is too good.

AndyU likes this.
  10. simon g

simon g Older, wiser but no longer retired

11. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

The speakers look horrible, they look like some cheap Chinese rubbish.

Tom60300 likes this.
  12. per flemming

First time I watched the Tin boxes myself.
    That is the pre/power/psu edition, no sign of the Star.
    Even the separates are great amps - Sorry but I am not tempted, not the slightest.

13. Tom60300

Tom60300 Yes, that's a pig.

And also source POTENTIOMETERS that don't suck, that are BALANCED and that WORK properly. But apparently some things are IMPOSSIBLE for Naim.