advertisement

New Naim 372 and 250 at Munich

PerF

Scandinavian Member
Comments on the green place pulled en mass, usually a good sign of some truth in rumours.

Should know for certain in 7 days :)

I won't be going to Munich this year - hard to get medical appointments clash with the show dates.

Been mutterings about new classic stuff for a while - I was told July/Aug release but who knows with covid/ukraine and the supply chain issues.

My guess is a streaming preamp - Naim's ex MD and ex in house PR - both of whom have since left the company - have said on the green forum that there was a streaming preamp in the works - as to the numbering system - only Naim understand it!

Maybe a partner power amp too?

A Nac 372, so we are in Nac 282/252 territory, perhaps?
I hope that Naim makes it a modular design so they can update the box as required for the next many years.

Only real question is will they introduce a new style (a la Uniti) or stick with the 20-year-old green logo in the middle look (bit dated IMO).

Only reason the one post I saw was pulled was that it mentioned the info was from a conversation with a dealer, rather than speculation. Dealers do seem to have been briefed that 272 replacement is coming. And it seeems like the classic series is being revised/culled/updated in some form.

Been mutterings about new classic stuff for a while - I was told July/Aug release but who knows with covid/ukraine and the supply chain issues.

They already seem to have a long back-order list for streamers and amps - one could wonder how they managed to make the full limited Tin edition.
Slow sellers are temporary discontinued from range.

I have had a Nac 250 on order since December. Still no sign. Naim also stopped offering upgrades to DR tech on older amps. I wonder if they will offer to swap my 250 to a new version if they do announce one?

advertisement

Back