advertisement

New Lotus...Good God!!!

This thread isn’t making any sense now. I think some ‘Ignored’ members might be posting :)

I presume George you also meant to mention one with genuine usable range, for me, and I imagine many others, this would be over 500 miles, and also one charges up very quickly, like Lotus are saying on this one.

ATB

Surely one or the other will do?

I mean, many petrol cars have a range well under 500 miles, and it’s not an issue because it only takes 10 minutes to replenish.

I’d be perfectly happy with a 250 mile range and (per Lotus) a 9 minute 100% recharge.

I mean, many petrol cars have a range well under 500 miles, and it’s not an issue because it only takes 10 minutes to replenish.

I’d be perfectly happy with a 250 mile range and (per Lotus) a 9 minute 100% recharge.

Many people refuse to stop on long journeys unless they really have to. Many diesels can do London to Edinburgh and back on a tankful! so maybe enforced stops would be good for road safety.

Even better if you don’t have to stop at that awful ‘services’ on the A1 north of Lincoln that drenches customers in the aroma of stale piss as they enter the bloody place.

Why is this country such an embarrassment?

250 is a good aim point for starters. Hyundai's Kona does about 280 on a charge and is the first reasonably priced family car around to do that. Kick on from there.
As to charge times, a slow (overnight ) rate should be on offer and the option of a quick charge. Even long distance driving should include coffee and lunch breaks I think? So Under half an hour would do it for me, even if that only gave me a 50% charge. I rarely do more than 400 miles in a day. Those who do may need more rests anyway.

Good point, though a low range is a bit of a pain if you do a fair amount of miles.

I’d prefer both.

Trouble will be specifications of a fast charging station - it won’t be able to use your standard mains plug on an extension lead that would be OK for an overnight trickle charge. Cost of building them will delay them becoming common place anytime soon I reckon.

As 300kmh in 9 seconds - very cool, but I’d prefer 200 in 5s :)

advertisement

Back