advertisement

New Lotus...Good God!!!

Once again the motor industry aims in quite the wrong direction.

What is required is a simple electric car for daily use with a top speed of say 70 mph and a cost that is equivalent to A Skoda Citygo petrol. Then electric cars would really increase in their significance.

Best wishes from George

Yes it's not a car for everyone! however in Lotus's defense they have been making very light small cars for ever, that are good to drive. and are fairly economical too.

There is an electric car available that has all the attributes your looking for... the G whizz...

listing-pid_20726-pos_2.jpg

The design isn't quite Lotus though...although the reliability probaly about the same!

evija_041.jpg

Once again the motor industry aims in quite the wrong direction.

What is required is a simple electric car for daily use with a top speed of say 70 mph and a cost that is equivalent to A Skoda Citygo petrol. Then electric cars would really increase in their significance.

Best wishes from George

I presume George you also meant to mention one with genuine usable range, for me, and I imagine many others, this would be over 500 miles, and also one charges up very quickly, like Lotus are saying on this one.

ATB

If true why do we get pages recommending different makes of Washers/dryers/fridge freezers when someone asks for ideas on here?

i think we’re there already! I’d love to see half PFM members hit 160 without breaking into a sweat!

Get the right car and it just squats down a bit feeling dead safe; you do have to keep your eyes a long way ahead though. Only in emergencies on the autobahn!

Get the right car and it just squats down a bit feeling dead safe; you do have to keep your eyes a long way ahead though. Only in emergencies on the autobahn!

I once got my 911 up to 140+ on a road oop north. A very quiet road from one side of a shallow valley to another, no traffic visible. I could detect the passenger getting nervous, so backed off and rode the cocaine rush flowing through my veins for the next hour or so. I really can’t imagine the rush from properly fast cars.

If true why do we get pages recommending different makes of Washers/dryers/fridge freezers when someone asks for ideas on here?

Confirmation bias probably - ie I bought it, and I'm not the sort of chap who makes mistakes .. :)

Yes it's not a car for everyone! however in Lotus's defense they have been making very light small cars for ever, that are good to drive. and are fairly economical too.

There is an electric car available that has all the attributes your looking for... the G whizz...

listing-pid_20726-pos_2.jpg

The design isn't quite Lotus though...although the reliability probaly about the same!

evija_041.jpg

How to build a Crumple Zone . . . without a car. . .

I once got my 911 up to 140+ on a road oop north. A very quiet road from one side of a shallow valley to another, no traffic visible. I could detect the passenger getting nervous, so backed off and rode the cocaine rush flowing through my veins for the next hour or so. I really can’t imagine the rush from properly fast cars.

I've had my bike up to 165 on A19 before... very briefly! "No traffic visible" soon ends at those speeds!
I can't imagine many opportunities to really max it out would exist... an acquaintance with the same bike reckons he saw 192 on the clock at about 5 am on the same road though!
I may (or may not..) actually get it back on the road some day.... been in garage for about 3 years now:(

And what's the range of this electric car? Especially when the performance is being enjoyed....
How fast would a petrol car be if it was OK for it to do 3MPG and have a range of only 40 miles?

Just bear in mind that a Top Fuel dragster goes 0-336mph in 3.7 seconds, so the Lotus will have people wanting to accelerate faster.
But they are not street legal and need refuelling every quarter mile....not that you will see this reply.

But they are not street legal and need refuelling every quarter mile....not that you will see this reply.
and probably don't do corners, or slight bends, or speed humps, or....anything, very well. Might as well point out jet fighter g forces as = relevant:rolleyes:

^ And not to mention a new set of pistons and rods every half mile ..and a set of barrels and a crank about every 2nd mile .. if you're lucky :)

advertisement

Back