advertisement

New Lotus...Good God!!!

back-of-envelope says that's essentially a claim of 1.0g all the way.

(0-300kph @ 1.0g, 8.58s at 9.81m/s/s)

Hilarious if true.

(PS never buy release 1.0: wait for the Lotus Eviscerator, at least)

It’s basically a full size Tamiya Hotshot.

What a hoot.

edit - JESUS! - been developing the charging system with partners - Full charge in 9 minutes! I mean how many amps is that chucking down the cable!!

It’s basically a full size Tamiya Hotshot.

What a hoot.

edit - JESUS! - been developing the charging system with partners - Full charge in 9 minutes! I mean how many amps is that chucking down the cable!!

You must have to plug it in directly to a power station. According to wikipedia it has a 70 kWh lithium-ion battery, so a charge in 9 minutes would be approx. 420kilowatts of power. Unlike hifi you really would need a cable as thick as your arm for that.

I wonder if we're going to get to the point where the potential is to build an electric car so fast a human can't drive it.

I wonder if we're going to get to the point where the potential is to build an electric car so fast a human can't drive it.

i think we’re there already! I’d love to see half PFM members hit 160 without breaking into a sweat!

Just bear in mind that a Top Fuel dragster goes 0-336mph in 3.7 seconds, so the Lotus will have people wanting to accelerate faster.

What a fantastic car. It was on Shit Gear the other day. You put your luggage into the side panels the doors close on.

Is it faster than a Bugatti Veyron in terms of acceleration? The latter has a quicker top speed, I think.

What's not to like, apart from the price?

Jack

What a fantastic car. It was on Shit Gear the other day. You put your luggage into the side panels the doors close on.

Is it faster than a Bugatti Veyron in terms of acceleration? The latter has a quicker top speed, I think.

What's not to like, apart from the price?

Jack
Yes, way quicker than a Veyron, that is clocked at around 14 seconds for same test.

claiming something approaching a 0.5 MW charging rate is not trivial, in the least.
That alone will be interesting tech, and a serious infrastructure problem - you cannot just pull such from the nearest streetlight distribution pillar!

PS
obvs streets will soon need well-maintained slots, and magnatraction...

Once again the motor industry aims in quite the wrong direction.

What is required is a simple electric car for daily use with a top speed of say 70 mph and a cost that is equivalent to A Skoda Citygo petrol. Then electric cars would really increase in their significance.

Best wishes from George

Some of us who are interested in electric / hybrid cars but don't want to buy something bland.

The Lotus, like the Taycan, is there to show what can be achieved with electric (performance, looks, driver fun). I just have to wait a few years for someone to make an electric car that isn't the equivalent of white goods.

What is required is a simple electric car for daily use with a top speed of say 70 mph and a cost that is equivalent to A Skoda Citygo petrol. Then electric cars would really increase in their significance.

Best wishes from George

All very well, but until the tech is a lot cheaper, AND there’s profit for the manufacturer, it ain’t gonna happen.
Patience.

Best wishes from George

No soul though.

advertisement

Back