advertisement

New Lions Captain?

stairpost

Average at best.
Unfortunately it looks as though AWJ may be out of action for the tour, or at least part of it. So who is in line for the job of skipper? And who might be called up to fill the gap on the squad?

Henderson? Itoje not yet, Hogg - not sure he has the temperament. Farrell is a non starter for me and I am an England fan. Seriously bad luck for AWJ btw, wish him a speedy recovery.

I'm a huge Wales fan, and have to admit to knowing very little about other National and regional teams. Not having a TV means I don't catch games or rugby shows other than Wales matches. Has Connor Murray got any experience as captain? Ken Owens has stepped up a couple of times for wales if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
I missed the match yesterday but read that Connor Murray was as slow as a slow thing with his service. True to form, he's been named as the new tour captain! On the upside, it means that Farrell is not guaranteed a start. And i say that as an Englishman ...

I thought the shortlist would be:
1. Itoje
2. Beirne
3. Owens
Just shows that the older I get, the less I understand.

Biggar has the mouth for it (I’m a Wales supporter by the way) but I never liked bossy team-mates on the rugby pitch myself.

Biggar has the mouth for it (I’m a Wales supporter by the way) but I never liked bossy team-mates on the rugby pitch myself.

I like Biggar, he always gets stuck in and as you say, he offers his opinions good and bad.

I'm a huge Wales, and have to admit to knowing very little about other National and regional teams. Not having a TV means I don't catch games or rugby shows other than Wales matches. Has Connor Murray got any experience as captain? Ken Owens has stepped up a couple of times for wales if I remember correctly.

I thought all welshmen were huge Whales??
Whales, Whales! Bloody great fishes are whales!
:)

advertisement

Back