advertisement

New Lambchop

This is amongst a recent batch of CDs that I took delivery of for someone who's currently in foreign parts. If it hadn't been mentioned here, I would have left it in the pile, but since I'm invited to listen to any that I please, I gave it a spin.

I genuinely don't get it. Can someone tell me what all the fuss is about? What do you find special about it?

Returning to this thread, the record continues to grown on me. Definitely one of the better records I've heard this year and up there with my favourite Lambchop records.

It is worth living with for a while: it's a beautifully crafted record that slowly eases its way into your affections. .

I recently got hold of Flotus and I like it. The new one should be interesting. I share some of the misgivings here around the indiscriminate deployment of vocoders or other sonic treatments, but Flotus words for me.

But I also like the laptop music brigade and the prominent use of vocal processing, so my judgement may be questionable;) Holly Herndon has been developing some interesting techniques and tools also, which sometimes produce nteresting new approaches to sound and arrangement.

As long As there is some artistic intent, not simply a "Hey, look what Ableton lets me do now!" impulse, anything can be valid.

And it' good to see established artistic pushing against expectations of what the are supposed to deliver.

advertisement

Back