advertisement

New Iris Dement

saturn9

pfm Member
There's a new(ish) Iris Dement cd available and it is excellent.

Voice is an acquired taste for some.

Happy trails...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Was listening to new album yesterday, all good. Good to see some interest in this kind of music.

I only have Infamous Angel, which is superb. Have had total strangers approach me after hearing it 'leaking' from the car windows, asking who she is!

I love the strange mix of innocence and mild derangement in her voice.
Mull

you guys should really check out Karen Dalton

Basia Bulat

eliza gilkyson

alison moorer

tift merritt

kelly willis

nanci griffith

mountain man

Give her Lifeline cd a shot.

A question for Teddy, How come she fails to appear in any of your roll calls

If you get a chance listen to transatlantic session vol3 11 for an outstanding version of ' He reached down' just perfect for sunday am

Love all of Nanci's stuff up to Storms. Also great in concert with the Blue Moon Orchestra.

Give her Lifeline cd a shot.

A question for Teddy, How come she fails to appear in any of your roll calls

If you get a chance listen to transatlantic session vol3 11 for an outstanding version of ' He reached down' just perfect for sunday am

i figured that the voice and its cultural underpinnings would be a bridge too far for the brits, honestly.

Got Iris' infamous....after a recco years back, not for me, can't get used to her phrasing in a forced exaggerated way.

Love all of Nanci's stuff up to Storms. Also great in concert with the Blue Moon Orchestra.
Love everything she's done but boy does she look frail after her personal problems and illness, caught her recently again and she doesn't look a well woman at all, catch her if you can as she might not be around for long, sad seeing her like that.

Got Iris' infamous....after a recco years back, not for me, can't get used to her phrasing in a forced exaggerated way.

Love everything she's done but boy does she look frail after her personal problems and illness, caught her recently again and she doesn't look a well woman at all, catch her if you can as she might not be around for long, sad seeing her like that.

it isnt forced or exaggerated. it is how she talks, as do many people in the appalachian region.

it isnt forced or exaggerated. it is how she talks, as do many people in the appalachian region.

It comes across to this Brit as a rather child like and deranged voice, but one which attracted me from when I first heard her on Transatlantic Sessions years back. I decided back then that she couldn't be faking this style,(unless she was deliberately trying to appear nuts) so it had be her natural.

advertisement

Back