advertisement

New integrated amplifier

I have a Unison S6 here and it sounds superb. The bass is there but not overblown like some SETs. I suspect that is down to the transformers which are huge and heavy. I had a Mastersound and sold it (dam). They sound similar which is not surprising on their similar outlooks and previous history.

I got this amp as it has remote and sounded brilliant. It is not an analytical amp and will not do the lightweight, solid state 'fast' bass, which for me is not very realistic. The bass just flows and does not have the super tight staccato type sound. Yes, it is more relaxed than other amps and makes music sound interesting and really enjoyable. I am using Audionote Es so needed the more powerful S6 compared to the Simply Italy. It keeps things in the bass under control.

Try the Simply Italy again and remember to enjoy the music and try not to analyse it. If it ain't fun then it ain't for you.

I will soon be moving on my Graff GM 50 50 Watts integrated in Black with remote . Well south of £3.5 K

I will soon be moving on my Graff GM 50 50 Watts integrated in Black with remote . Well south of £3.5 K

I have a Unison S6 here and it sounds superb. The bass is there but not overblown like some SETs. I suspect that is down to the transformers which are huge and heavy. I had a Mastersound and sold it (dam). They sound similar which is not surprising on their similar outlooks and previous history.

I got this amp as it has remote and sounded brilliant. It is not an analytical amp and will not do the lightweight, solid state 'fast' bass, which for me is not very realistic. The bass just flows and does not have the super tight staccato type sound. Yes, it is more relaxed than other amps and makes music sound interesting and really enjoyable. I am using Audionote Es so needed the more powerful S6 compared to the Simply Italy. It keeps things in the bass under control.

Try the Simply Italy again and remember to enjoy the music and try not to analyse it. If it ain't fun then it ain't for you.

That is what it is all about enjoying the sounds!:)

Just used the Proac SM100’s so far at home.

A combination that shouldn’t, on paper, work but it does.

Have you seen the little bit of info here https://www.henleyaudio.co.uk/products/Simply-Italy

"Due to the nature of the valve electronics in the Simply Italy, we recommend only pairing it with speakers that have a minimum impedance (not nominal impedance) of 4Ω and are rated higher than 89dB sensitivity to avoid damage to the amplifier and overloading the component electronics. Check also that your speakers are capable of being driven by a 12W output amplifier."

Hi - did you try the Simply Italy with AN-Es? ie if so found the bass control lacking? Thanks.

Try out the Belles Aria - I heard it's predecessor which was excellent and this is supposed to be even better and will come well under your budget.

Having recently bought a Belles Aria integrated amp, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It was a massive upgrade over my previous Exposure pre-power combo.

Have you seen the little bit of info here https://www.henleyaudio.co.uk/products/Simply-Italy

"Due to the nature of the valve electronics in the Simply Italy, we recommend only pairing it with speakers that have a minimum impedance (not nominal impedance) of 4Ω and are rated higher than 89dB sensitivity to avoid damage to the amplifier and overloading the component electronics. Check also that your speakers are capable of being driven by a 12W output amplifier."

I did read that on the Henley Audio website. The dealer I bought the amp from assured me that there would be no issues as did Proac. They only warned that the overall volume may be limited.

I have experience no issues whatsoever. I think if I left the amp on all day playing music at a high volume then I would experience so issues but it has been trouble free so far. I usually listen for 3/4 hours of an evening and similar at weekends playing a wide variety of music all of which sounds superb with no evidence on strain.

If I had a hifi rack that could support it I would love to try the S6. Unfortunately, it is simply too deep for my Hi-fi Racks shelves.

Well, well after a long wait, it turns out l may be not getting the Vincent amp........:mad: if it is not here tomorrow l am bailing out on the deal.:(

We are back in business! New amp due to arrive tomorrow:D no one will be here to receive it.:(

:(
Oh well.

advertisement

Back