advertisement

New integrated amplifier

Tarzan

pfm Member
Yay! Upgrade time, l am in the market for an new integrated amp for my Audionote ANK-LX ( latest version) next week l am taking delivery of a Vincent SV237 MK , which l have high hopes for however l will look at other alternatives, the amp in question will have to have Remote control, and a budget of up to £3.5K, l know Audionote's own amps should be at the forefront of my wish list however l do need remote control, so looking for a smooth and refined amp that matches well with audio note loudspeakers.

Cheers.

Somebody on here is selling a nearly new Yamaha A-S2100; worth having a think about as they are supposed to be very good.

I think the Vincent represents what immense VFM can be had by making stuff in China. That's a LOT of amp for that money, not least because of the huge output power, dwarfing most valve amps.
But you don't need 150wpc do you. The 10 per side in class A is likely to be your hunting ground, and at that level there quite a few alternatives, esp since your budget is maybe 1.5X the cost of the Vincent?

I've not heard one for more than 30 seconds tho, so my opinions are based on what's good, not what might compete.
At 90Db the K's are not MEGA efficient so the 1st thought is that you could use either a SET design, or a push pull design...typically maybe 6-10wpc vs 25-45wpc?
SET's are more valvey and tonally rich IME, Push pulls more accurate/neutral and have a tad more bass punch. This is my experience.
I reckon that then depends on your musical taste.
Anyway, makes to consider are:
Unison/Puresound/Leben/Luxman and EAR.

Then push pull maybe your babe. I'd be looking at 25w + and on that budget, you have a decent choice. In fact my old Luxman SQ38u is around used for well under that figure...worth a peek maybe?

been using the naim supernait 2 recently with frugalhorns . very impressed with sound . nice action on remote volume control and has htb and well its a contender i would think . although would love to hear the vincent with those an-k [ did anyone see those an-k in the classifieds ]

Try Prima Luna. Great sounding, several models within budget and plenty of power for your speakers. And a remote. The Leben may well be suitable although I don't know if it has a remote.

Its not clear what source used but Rockmeister is right, those anK need not a lot power
Perhaps budget a bit on the high side but depends on source as well

I have a Triode TRV-845SE (20 watts SET) that i’m going to be listing soon that would work really well but the safe bet would be an Audio Note Oto SE Signature.

Oto SE Siggy and Leben do not have R/C unfortunately:( l have looked at both of these and would have been all over these like a cheap suit, had the Prima Luna Prologue Premium here ( El34) and it sounded okay at the demo and looked a million dollars it really did, however l found the sound not my cup of tea, which l was gutted about- this sound was achieved on two different sets of speakers ( but not the K's).....would Croft be worth a shout as l can get R/C function fitted to one of their pre- amps.........just a thought.:)

i just checked with the chap running the audionote room whether he thought sugden might be good with the an-e and he thought it was possible . the little integrated has remote and seems to garner a lot of praise

Yep
I second both Croft pre/power and Sugden, specially the SE version
They will be great on some anK for sure

Personally I care little if remote-control available, my doc says its good for health to get up and be going :)

Yep
I second both Croft pre/power and Sugden, specially the SE version
They will be great on some anK for sure

Personally I care little if remote-control available, my doc says its good for health to get up and be going :)

Lol, l earn my living walking walking around all day......also too bone idle to change volume settings.:D

Try out the Belles Aria - I heard it's predecessor which was excellent and this is supposed to be even better and will come well under your budget.

advertisement

Back