advertisement

NEW Iggy & The Stooges Album

dss

Musical Bons
I know The Weirdness didn't really make an impact, but for Iggyfans there is the prospect of new Iggy & The Stooges material, in the form of the album Ready to Die is it.

I will seeing if there is a vinyl there.

DS

Reviews say its OK, with the slower tracks working best. Interested to hear what you guys say.

It's no Raw Power but the Fat Possum pressing is nice and, in Burn, Ready To Die and The Departed, there three tracks that do their legacy justice. Which is three more than you could say about The Weirdness.

Is there no way the world can stop their favourite bands doing this kind of thing? Sadly, probably not.

I mean all these guys have to do is form a new band with new ideas. No one wants them to stop making music. But things like this add nothing nothing nothing to a band's legacy. It just subtracts.

Brief but nice interview with the Igster here. Funny dude.

"In the mid-'90s, The Stooges and Fun House turned over into the black, and all the band members who survived started getting checks. And then a little later, the same happened to Raw Power. Little by little, that old band has defeated a lot of our shag-haired, frilly-vest-wearing crapola, corporate rock gods and goddesses of the '60s and '70s. The problem now, of course, is do I have 30 years to wait for royalties for this record? [Laughs.] See, because I'm 66. I think people need to hurry up and buy a record."

advertisement

Back