advertisement

New Fuji X-T20 and X100F

Wow - that is lightweight!

To be honest, I don;t find the weight an issue (and I always use the X-T2 with the vertical battery grip). I guess I got used to the weight of the D610 + associated lenses so the X-T2 still feels really lightweight to me :)

Lefty

Mr P - you've done it again! I've just pulled the trigger on a second hand X100T + TCL for a very good price.

Very excited to get my hands on it :D

Lefty

Mr P - you've done it again! I've just pulled the trigger on a second hand X100T + TCL for a very good price.

Lefty

Good man - I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Am giving serious thought myself to chopping the Pro2 (and a couple of lenses) in for the 100F. The X100 - in all its versions - is IME a very special little camera. Spent a couple of weeks with a borrowed, original X100 last year and still loved using it alongside my 'T'.

Lefty

Glad to be of service!

I keep thinking about an F, it really was lovely to use (and light), but its quite a bit of ££££, I could of course trade in some stuff to lessen the blow........

Thanks for the words of encouragement chaps - must admit to being disproportionately excited! I had an original X100 a few years ago and had a love / hate relationship with it. Loved the form factor and IQ, but hated the responsiveness and general slowness of the camera. I'm a very different photographer now than I was back then and the T is a different camera, so looking forward to getting my hands on it.

It wasn't an easy decision. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a FF DSLR, but that would have made very little sense alongside the X-T2. Also, I didn't fancy starting from zero and building up a lens collection again.

Richard - I think you are happiest with a DSLR + X100 series camera combination. As mentioned above, I don't think it makes sense to run 2 interchangeable lens camera systems alongside each other. The money from the X-Pro2 could be put into some serious Nikon glass (perhaps an 85/1.4 or 14-24/2.8 :D ).

Mr P - you know it makes sense :D Although what Fuji glass would you be willing to part with in order to get the F? I couldn't bring myself to sell / trade any of it. In fact, I still hanker after the XF100-400. In short, I want it all! Mwahahaha...

Lefty

Richard - I think you are happiest with a DSLR + X100 series camera combination. As mentioned above, I don't think it makes sense to run 2 interchangeable lens camera systems alongside each other. The money from the X-Pro2 could be put into some serious Nikon glass (perhaps an 85/1.4 or 14-24/2.8 :D ).

This makes perfect sense, just a shame I've finally listened to what my head's been telling me for ages. :D

Will do some asking around re value of my Pro2 - used ones seem to be more thin on the ground these days which will (hopefully!) have firmed up its value. I've got the 23-1.4 to add and the Samyang 12 to sell/trade-in as well of course. MPB seem to be a good option for trade-ins.

Thinking about it, whilst the 100F I'm sure is a superb camera, I'd be more than happy with another 100T. More manageable file sizes for my wheezing old iMac for starters.

Will look forward to your first shots off the 'T' :)

Mr P - you know it makes sense :D Although what Fuji glass would you be willing to part with in order to get the F? I couldn't bring myself to sell / trade any of it. In fact, I still hanker after the XF100-400. In short, I want it all! Mwahahaha...

Lefty

Couldn't sell any of the glass I have, but I do have X-E2, X100 and some credit for the courses I've run at my local dealer.....

That's interesting Gromit. I thought you were going to sell The D700 at one point. I think all of your photos are great but always thought your better landscapes were made with the Nikon.

This makes perfect sense, just a shame I've finally listened to what my head's been telling me for ages. :D

Will do some asking around re value of my Pro2 - used ones seem to be more thin on the ground these days which will (hopefully!) have firmed up its value. I've got the 23-1.4 to add and the Samyang 12 to sell/trade-in as well of course. MPB seem to be a good option for trade-ins.

Thinking about it, whilst the 100F I'm sure is a superb camera, I'd be more than happy with another 100T. More manageable file sizes for my wheezing old iMac for starters.

Will look forward to your first shots off the 'T' :)

That lot should generate a decent amount from trade in / private sale. I would have loved to have the Pro2 off you as a second body but sadly my pockets are only so deep!

I think what you are saying re: T vs F makes complete sense. No doubt the F is better, but the T is still a phenomenol camera (and clearly a very capable tool when in your hands judging by your previous shots with it). I dowloaded a few sample T images from the web last night and the Fuji IQ never ceases to amaze me. Just hope that I gel with the form factor and that it fills a different niche to the X-T2...

Couldn't sell any of the glass I have, but I do have X-E2, X100 and some credit for the courses I've run at my local dealer.....

Excellent - that sounds like a sensible consilidation of gear to me.

Lefty

That's interesting Gromit. I thought you were going to sell The D700 at one point. I think all of your photos are great but always thought your better landscapes were made with the Nikon.

Firstly - thanks for the kind comments. :)

You're right that I was in the throes of selling my D700 but when it came to it, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. Its weight & size doesn't really bother me (although with the Sigma 70-200 attached it's a bit of a beast) and it's not the most subtle of devices in terms of noise; that sturdy shutter makes quite a clunk when it fires. However it's so comfortable to use, it feels nigh on indestructible, almost every option is operated by a lever or specific button, and that huge viewfinder is the icing etc... 12MP means nicely managable RAW file sizes, and Capture NX-D (the free Nikon RAW converter) works brilliantly. Sorry, I'm rambling. :(

Now, the X-Pro2 is a lovely camera - its IQ is beautiful in true Fuji style - but it doesn't make me want to go out and take photos with it.

I have an x100 and an x100T. I've barely touched the X100 since the T arrived last summer. It is lovely camera. Yet I can't quite get round to selling the X100 on. I know I should. I'm unlikely to use it again but I've taken some of my favourite pics with it and feel attached in a way that is not really that rational. Maybe I just need to find it a good home.

My main camera now is Lefty's old XT1 , via a middle man. The XE2S also needs dusting.

I'm better at buying than selling on . Mr Perceptive, I may need some coaching: what are your rates?

Strangely, despite the reviews, the 100F isn't calling my name.

Kevin

I have an x100 and an x100T. I've barely touched the X100 since the T arrived last summer. It is lovely camera. Yet I can't quite get round to selling the X100 on. I know I should. I'm unlikely to use it again but I've taken some of my favourite pics with it and feel attached in a way that is not really that rational. Maybe I just need to find it a good home.

My main camera now is Lefty's old XT1 , via a middle man. The XE2S also needs dusting.

I'm better at buying than selling on . Mr Perceptive, I may need some coaching: what are your rates?

Strangely, despite the reviews, the 100F isn't calling my name.

Kevin

Good post, Kevin. :)

I appreciate exactly where you're coming re the X100 - I no longer have one of these lovely little cameras but have begun to realise how much I loved using it (be it the orginal or the T). An attachment to something like this isn't - as you say - entirely rational but I felt the same way about the D700, hence getting another one.

An X100 (of some description) is calling, that's for sure. The Pro2 will have to go because I just don't feel the love for it - strange as I really did become attached to the Pro1. :confused:

Well Ive decided to keep the original X100, used it quite a bit in last two days and despite it being slow and clunky, I love it!!! I'm just going to put it in my bag more and leave the X-E2 at home!!!

So tomorrow X-T2 + 14 + 23 and X100, I know there is focal length duplication there, but there is some stuff I want to do in the X-T2 that I can't do as easily on the X100.

GAS attack has subsided........

I applaud your self restraint Mr P!

Were you ever tempted by the S or the T?

Lefty

You know me, always tempted!! I went for the X-E2 (via the X-E1) when the X100S came out, and then onto the X-T1, so I sort of bypassed the T as well.

I must admit though the more I use the X100, the more I'm tempted by a newer one!!! Though I'd keep the original.....

advertisement

Back