Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Falcon LS3/5as for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'classic' started by Martyn Miles, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Well, not new, but only two months old.
    The first pair I have seen...
    Light cherry, with slight cosmetic damage.
    Opening bid £800.

This is one eBay action to watch (link)!

M Miles.

2. Patcam

Patcam pfm Member

Crazy pricing....theres a pair of ATC SCM11's on there as well at the moment, buy it now for £550 - I know which I'd rather have...

3. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Each to his own...

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Out of interest, does anyone know what would the equivalent retail price would be today compared with the price when they were launched?

5. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

£52 each (!) in 1974, I understand.
    Today, £1,097.70

Interesting...

6. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Connectors sticking out like that? Portable little monitor?

7. Patcam

Patcam pfm Member

I think I bought mine for around £150 the pair in 1976 (including VAT etc)...from Thomas Heinitz...anybody remember him?

8. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

Wonderful guy...

9. Patcam

Patcam pfm Member

The seller withdrew them...wonder what was wrong?

10. stuwils

stuwils pfm Member

I would have thought that falcon would have made a better job on the grill material and fit

Rgds
    Stuart

11. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

I read on another thread that one cabinet got corner damage in transit. Once Jerry from Falcon knew, he offered to fix this for the owner. So this pair is back in Oxford being repaired FoC.

12. Holloway88

Holloway88 John

Surprised he didn't return the speakers back to Falcon when it was damaged in transit!

13. Pac1

Pac1 Designer/Manufacturer

That's right. The owner has withdrawn them from sale and sent them back to Jerry at Falcon for free repair. However well packaged speakers are, some courier companies still manage to damage them by dropping, mistreating or having other things fall on them. This pair were dropped onto the corner, obviously from a large enough height to crunch through the pretty substantial polystyrene packaging.