advertisement

New Exposure 3510 amplifier

Not at all. I have owned quite a bit of Naim gear over the years - a Nait 2, 52, 250, Superline, a few Supercaps, a Naim Dac, Supernait 2, NAT01 and probably a few other things. Twenty or thirty years ago Naim was competitive but these days I think they are overpriced and under-perform. I find Exposure amps more satisfying in the long term.

I owned Naim amps from 1986 (42/110) to olive (82/250), current (252/250) to less (SN2). Really preferred the pre-2002 ones. I now run Exp 3010 pre/monos.
I mentioned to the Exposure chap at the previous Bristol show that a headphone output on the 3010 pre would be nice so they were obviously listening. Wouldn't change unless 3510 pre substantially better.

I'm not sure how expensive the new 3510 is,? perhaps look at a Rega Aethos if budget available

I'm not sure how expensive the new 3510 is,? perhaps look at a Rega Aethos if budget available
It’s 2250 without phono or dac. So about 750 less I believe. Would be interested to read comparisons though as usually you read comparisons vs naim. I understand the aethos is a great integrate but personally I would be put off by what I’ve read about the volume control. The exposure 3010S2D is great in that regard, really easy to make small adjustments and sounds great at low volumes.

It’s 2250 without phono or dac. So about 750 less I believe. Would be interested to read comparisons though as usually you read comparisons vs naim. I understand the aethos is a great integrate but personally I would be put off by what I’ve read about the volume control. The exposure 3010S2D is great in that regard, really easy to make small adjustments and sounds great at low volumes.

I assume your referring to UK pounds.
This emblem doesn't even exist on my Mac.
just € and $.

Even the annoying volume issue on Rega Aethos, its by far the best sounding amp I've had.

I assume your referring to UK pounds.
This emblem doesn't even exist on my Mac.
just € and $.

Even the annoying volume issue on Rega Aethos, its by far the best sounding amp I've had.
Yes gbp.

I’m sure and I’ve heard great things, for me though I do a lot of late night low volume listening and have my tv through my dac / amp so wouldn’t work for me. May be fine for the OP though

A new amp for me would need to have remote control, a good DAC, and two phono-ins, a good MM and a good MC cart. Such a device would be worth up to £4000 for me. Hoped Exposure would come up with such an amp. But, no ... Hence I can keep the money in my pocket …

A new amp for me would need to have remote control, a good DAC, and two phono-ins, a good MM and a good MC cart. Such a device would be worth up to £4000 for me. Hoped Exposure would come up with such an amp. But, no ... Hence I can keep the money in my pocket …

If someone want a new amp, why force them getting a DAC or a phono preamplifier if they don't need it. It would be simpler to offer optional plug-in cards like Accuphase and McIntosh do.

Last edited:

I think that'd be a very small market - two phono ins? That's either a LOT of engineering to make sure they don't interfere with each other, or a lot of engineering to build a modular amp. Which in turn translates to either higher cost or lower quality.

Without knowing anything about the design of the 3510, I can envision an integrated with space for a DAC module and a phono module but don't know if it's possible space-wise without compromising other aspects of the design.

If someone want a new amp, why force them getting a DAC or a phono preamplifier if they don't need it. It would be simpler to offer optional plug-in cards like Accuphase and McIntosh do.

Agreed, but what I would like is an amplifier that offers at least three optional plugs not just one or two..

I don't understand why a lot of today's amplifiers still have so many simple Line-in plugs. They are cheap to build, but what are they worth nowadays? How many sources do you still maintain that you need for instance four or more Line-in plugs?

I think that'd be a very small market - two phono ins? That's either a LOT of engineering to make sure they don't interfere with each other, or a lot of engineering to build a modular amp. Which in turn translates to either higher cost or lower quality.

Without knowing anything about the design of the 3510, I can envision an integrated with space for a DAC module and a phono module but don't know if it's possible space-wise without compromising other aspects of the design.

Dreamin' of the modern equivalent of an Accuphase E205 with two Phono-ins, DAC and remote control. Sadly my guess is that Accuphase would sell such an item for >10000 £ . So it's just a dream ...

Thanks for the tip. It seems to have the features I crave for. I don't like the design but maybe it grows on me. Will study the reviews.
The preamp has more connectivity, not cheap though, reckon resale would be hard and you'd lose a load in depreciation so more a forever amp candidate. Loaded Pre + Monos is over £26K.

Anybody heard anything about when the 3510 power amps will be out? I've been checking their site and shops but no word yet as far as I can tell.

Matt

I've been looking for an ex dem/used 3010s2 integrated in black for a while with little luck. Need to decide between that and a Rega Elex r as the new Exposure is a bit out of reach. The new one isn't as aesthetically nice IMO.

advertisement

Back