advertisement

New Exposure 3510 amplifier

Hmm, it seems I'm in a minority as I think visually it's an improvement on the 3010. Looks a little less home-made. If I was looking for an amp it would certainly be on the radar.

I don’t like it very much at all, they had a classic design. I’m sure it’ll deliver the sound regardless of the cosmetic makeover. Great Co. so best of luck to them.

I have a 3510 on home demo at the moment and in my opinion the photos don't really do it justice. Looks a lot better in the flesh so to speak. It's relatively early days but I think it compares very favourably with my current amp (Nait XS 3). The extra power has certainly woken up my Neat SE2s.

I have a 3510 on home demo at the moment and in my opinion the photos don't really do it justice. Looks a lot better in the flesh so to speak. It's relatively early days but I think it compares very favourably with my current amp (Nait XS 3). The extra power has certainly woken up my Neat SE2s.
Next step would be to compare against a Supernait.............looks promising ! :)

I tried to look up the details of this new amp on Exposure's website and it's not mentioned there!

That doesn’t surprise me tbh, I have the 3010S2D and it definitely looks better in the flesh vs photographs. Think the brushed aluminium front must not catch the light well.

I think a comparison against the SN3 would be interesting, in my mind the exposure 3010 series was SN2 level performance at a XS2 price point.

That doesn’t surprise me tbh, I have the 3010S2D and it definitely looks better in the flesh vs photographs. Think the brushed aluminium front must not catch the light well.

I think a comparison against the SN3 would be interesting, in my mind the exposure 3010 series was SN2 level performance at a XS2 price point.

I think the house sounds of Exposure and Naim have diverged so much that it's tough to equate component for component. Naim seem to have gone the cooler/bleached/detailed route, while Exposure is richer and warmer. I'd still agree both companies get rhythm and timing right. Having heard a 282/Scap/250DR I wouldn't swap my Expo gear for it even if offered as a direct trade. Put another way, I think the character of the two brands is rather different, and I prefer the character of Expo.

I think the house sounds of Exposure and Naim have diverged so much that it's tough equate component for component. Naim seem to have gone the cooler/bleached/detailed route, while Exposure is richer and warmer. I'd still agree both companies get rhythm and timing right. Having heard a 282/Scap/250DR I wouldn't swap my Expo gear for it even if offered as a direct trade. Put another way, I think the character of the two brands is rather different, and I prefer the character of Expo.
Completely agree with your description of the house sound and I too much prefer the warmer/richer presentation from exposure. What I meant was in terms of level of performance rather than house sound itself.

that’s good to hear. I’ve just come out of a demo of a rega elicit r, naim XS3 and supernait 3. The sn3 was my favourite but the xs3 was no slouch either. I don’t really want to spend over £3k on an amp so would like to give the exposure a try.

that’s good to hear. I’ve just come out of a demo of a rega elicit r, naim XS3 and supernait 3. The sn3 was my favourite but the xs3 was no slouch either. I don’t really want to spend over £3k on an amp so would like to give the exposure a try.
As others have said the Exposure has a fuller, warmer sound than the XS 3, certainly in my system. It is also more powerful which certainly seems to help with my speakers. I like the Naim very much but I think I prefer the Exposure.

I think the house sounds of Exposure and Naim have diverged so much that it's tough to equate component for component. Naim seem to have gone the cooler/bleached/detailed route, while Exposure is richer and warmer. I'd still agree both companies get rhythm and timing right. Having heard a 282/Scap/250DR I wouldn't swap my Expo gear for it even if offered as a direct trade. Put another way, I think the character of the two brands is rather different, and I prefer the character of Expo.
Is your Exposure amplifier a 28 dual mono ?

As others have said the Exposure has a fuller, warmer sound than the XS 3, certainly in my system. It is also more powerful which certainly seems to help with my speakers. I like the Naim very much but I think I prefer the Exposure.

tough thing is finding an exposure dealer to demo. Surprised that they’re not carried by more shops, it’s a shame tbh.

it sounds like the exposure could be up my street. I liked the xs3 and sn3, but felt at times that I’d like a bit more ‘meat’. The sense of space on both amps was great tho.

tough thing is finding an exposure dealer to demo. Surprised that they’re not carried by more shops, it’s a shame tbh.

it sounds like the exposure could be up my street. I liked the xs3 and sn3, but felt at times that I’d like a bit more ‘meat’. The sense of space on both amps was great tho.

Whereabouts are you based?

I had a Supernait 2 briefly, and thought it sounded awful. Thin, lean and colourless. The 3010 pre/power I had at the time walked all over it, as did a couple of other integrateds I bought subsequently, from Lavardin and LFD.

I would put my current 5010 pre and monos up against anything from Naim at any price.

I had a Supernait 2 briefly, and thought it sounded awful. Thin, lean and colourless. The 3010 pre/power I had at the time walked all over it, as did a couple of other integrateds I bought subsequently, from Lavardin and LFD.

I would put my current 5010 pre and monos up against anything from Naim at any price.
I came to the same conclusion for the Supernait 2 and decided to keep my Supernait 1 back then.
The Exposure series 5010 is definitely in another league, especially in terms of accuracy of tone IMO.

Do I detect just a wee bit of tribalism there? ;)

advertisement

Back