Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New EBLT's from Rega

Discussion in 'audio' started by dave charlton, Feb 25, 2021.

1. kristoffer

kristoffer Danish Hi Fi NERD

I just ordered the Reference version for my P3 with Neo PSU.

2. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Robert M, Jamie, Durmbo and 2 others like this.
  3. kristoffer

OK, I just installed the Reference EBLT and I can definitely hear a difference. The soundstage is more relaxed and calm. I also think I can hear a bit more details. The overall impression is that everything is more calm and relaxed.

hifi-dog likes this.
  4. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Is this a good thing? I don't want AC/DC to sound calm and relaxed.

sean99 likes this.
  5. kristoffer

Well, I should have been more clear. The presentation and the soundstage have a more relaxed presentation. Sharp guitars still have attack and edge of course.

ossy likes this.
  6. dave charlton

dave charlton pfm Member

I have yet to fit EBLT's but this was my impression moving from black to white belts back in the day.

7. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

On my planar 3 (with upgraded motor - the one that is stuck to the plinth with double sided tape) the most apparent change from black to white belt was the speed stability - particularly noticeable on solo piano.

8. DimitryZ

DimitryZ pfm Member

I just put a pair of the reference EBLT black belts on my P9 and I agree with your assessment. Relaxed, yet detailed, with liveness that sometimes evade Regas.

Mine were quickly shipped to the US by Analogue Seduction.

My P8 is next!

And equally positive result from P8. I have Orto Jube on the P9 and Nag 500 on the P8....I think I am hearing cart differences more than tables.

Verdict: well worth the investment!

One has to give credit to Rega for doing basic, granular research into a mundane component, coming up with a superior version and making it available to the customer base at a good price.

Good job, Rega!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  9. Johnjo

Johnjo pfm Member

Just replaced two grubby white belts with two new reference belts on my RP8 and agree with the sentiments already posted. More relaxed presentation, more texture and more detail but not thrust at you, just subtly sitting there yet easily heard. Regarding the relaxed nature I think it’s due to more stable speed, it’s as if notes have all the time in the world to present themselves and aren’t in a hurry anymore. There’s also more air and space and bass feels stronger/more dynamic. All subjective I know but that’s my 2p’s (£50’s) worth. I bought my deck used so not sure how old the belts were but looked original to me. Pulley and hub got a bit of a clean before fitting belts so that probably helped too. Here’s the before and after readings using a phone app, oh and a special thanks to Analogue Seduction, belts ordered Friday, delivered to NI on Saturday morning, top notch service as usual.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Edit: I’m going to have to learn to keep time with my left foot too or I’ll have one leg bigger than the other soon. Definitely more of that idler drive vibe with these belts.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  10. Hungry Halibut

Hungry Halibut pfm Member

Sorry if this is a really silly question. I bought my Planar 8 in December. I imagine that the EBLTs that came with it are those now described as ‘Advanced EBLTs’. Or is the Advanced an improved version over the EBLTs that I already have? I ask because I’ve ordered a pair of the Reference belts and I don’t want to bin the belts I’ve got if they can be of use to someone for a few quid.

11. ossy

ossy pfm Member

Slightly off topic, but did the Neo power supply make much difference on your planar 3?

kristoffer likes this.
  12. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

I don’t think the advance belts were released until mid March but I’d pm Paul Darwin to be sure?

13. kristoffer

It did indeed.

14. ossy

ossy pfm Member

Can you explain how? (in flowery audiophile jargon please)

kristoffer likes this.
  15. kristoffer

Everything was tightened up. More of a “black” background as well.
    The best thing though is the quick switch between 33 & 45 RPM. :)

Mr Pig and ossy like this.