Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New EBLT's from Rega

Discussion in 'audio' started by dave charlton, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

I guess if you could afford one you could afford the belts.

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  2. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Just put an Eblt on my planar 1, (with p2 glass platter) and using phone app it spins ar 33.27 whereas edwards little belter sits at 33.45. Both make the app go green so within a certain tolerance I guess ..

Mr Pig likes this.
  3. terrycym

terrycym pfm Member

Absolute speed is one thing but by how much does the speed fluctuate and is it audible?

4. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Ah ok. The eblt once it’s settled stays on 33.27 or 26 , the little better is steady too and the standard belt is 33.6.. soundwise the eblt is the same as the blue little belter and both better than standard... just . Probably on a higher level rega it would be clearer.
    not going to lose sleep over it tho!

Mr Pig likes this.
  5. Luceo non uro

Luceo non uro Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Rega P10 comes with the reference belts fitted as standard? I would assume so, but I guess they need to find ways to keep us parting with money! Just order a P10, so it’ll be coming new from Rega in a few weeks.

6. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

I would imagine so. Would seem like extreme penny pinching if it didn't.

Luceo non uro likes this.
  7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Member

Just fitted my reference eblt, replacing the blue belt.

Have a 1994 Planar 3, with 24v motor upgrade, Neo psu and groove tracer sub platter.

The blue belt @ 33.33 the best W/F I got was 0.25%.

straight replacement it ran at 33.4 with W/f of 0.31%. I let it spin for six hours, then I reset the Neo to factory. Ran at 32.07.

Dialled in to 33.33, and W/f now at 0.13%. Best I ever had! So, result.

using the RPM app, btw.

8. terrycym

terrycym pfm Member

Does it sound any different?

PerF likes this.
  9. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

as an update i have been running the P1 for the last 5 hrs, and upgraded the RPM app on iphone and calibrated the gyro (auto calibration on the app) and the P1/ EBLT shows over two runs 33.33 & 33.32 with percentage variation of 0.02% and 0.05% with W/F of 0,33 & 0.35 % so not bad for a cheapie

10. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Yeah, but can you hear any difference?

hifi-dog likes this.
  11. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

Nope!

Mr Pig likes this.
  12. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

Yes, it does.

tpetsch and Luceo non uro like this.
  13. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Honesty, like that. I'd still buy it. No way it'll be worse and for all the price difference, why not. Like you say, you might hear the difference better on the higher decks.

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  14. hifi_dave

hifi_dave Hi-Fi Retailer

It's clearly audible and well worth the few £ it costs over the original. You can pay hundreds of £ and get less of an improvement.

15. terrycym

terrycym pfm Member

In which case order on the way for my new P10 - I'll need two of course

16. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

I think all new decks come with eblt and p6 upwards have and ‘advanced eblt’ si youl get the upgrade free.... ish!

17. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Member

Er, no not that I can tell.... but it’s nice to tweak and optimise innit?

18. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

For occasional use the p1 with at vm95e is only going to go so fat but it’s still enjoyable.:).:):):)

19. Fudgemaster

Fudgemaster pfm Member

Just swapped my white belt for an EBLT, but couldn't say whether it sounds darker.
    RPM app shows 33.22 and 44.99, with an L.P. on the platter.
    Apparently it should last longer than my black and white Rega belts, but probably won't need another one.
    Itch scratched.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  20. tpetsch

tpetsch pfm Member

Thanks for the info, will be one of my least expensive upgrades ever.