advertisement

New eBay payment method

You see something but it is listed at way over price, sometimes more than new price and and and you have to wait for the seller to become sensible or reasonable.

An example, I have seen a remote control I could use.

One is listed but it has a great scratch across the front, seller is asking for 17ukp, I click watch, he offers me 80 pence reduction!

I think it should be listed no more than a tenner.

Discuss...

;)

I think I should be able to buy a new Ferrari for a tenner personally.

The dealer offered me £10k off £150k.

Nothing to discuss, I didn't buy it. Someone else will.

Baring in mind eBay fees are close to 15% on the sale price and the postage costs and then there is postage to pay...

You see something but it is listed at way over price, sometimes more than new price and and and you have to wait for the seller to become sensible or reasonable.

An example, I have seen a remote control I could use.

One is listed but it has a great scratch across the front, seller is asking for 17ukp, I click watch, he offers me 80 pence reduction!

I think it should be listed no more than a tenner.

Discuss...

;)

eh?

sellers prerogative to maximise their profit regardless of what you want.

I think your expectations are misplaced

I think your expectations are misplaced

Not at all.

I am an ex retail trader, on the high street.

I was buying and selling new and used audio visual equipment.

I started in the mid eighties, retired in 2005.

Buy in was a third of retail price at best in as new condition if boxed.

Selling, we had to offer a warranty, minimum three months on s/h goods.

Not at all.

exactly my point, the world has changed. You may not like it or want it but that is how it is. Physical retail must change or die.

Yes I also spent several years in HiFi and Sports goods retail. I realised back in the 80s and 90s there were better things to do.

Not at all.

Nostalgia is a menace.

exactly my point, the world has changed. You may not like it or want it but that is how it is. Physical retail must change or die.

Yes I also spent several years in HiFi and Sports goods retail. I realised back in the 80s and 90s there were better things to do.

Mmmm, sad for me to read this.

In my employment, it led me to Live Music.

"Sound Techy" working in a very busy hard rock and metal music venue after my day job.

Met loads of musos, I could spend hours names dropping and story telling! :eek: o_O

Nooo, keep schtum. ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not had much luck with it this week.

Sunday my payments account got frozen and my proceeds from sales of some ornamental pots put on hold.

Tuesday the buyer reported that the pots were broken and a piece was missing

I've ended up refunding the buyer plus costs from funds I couldn't access anyway.

I would have had a more rewarding week if the pots had gone to the local recycling centre for use as rubble.

Still no payment facility on my eBay account.
Yet.

Just turntable part. How would I chase them up on that?

For Hifi and Sound and Vision, on private seller status, fees are 12,8% + 30p.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4822

If you havent added any 'optional' extras like promoted listings, subtitles etc then you have been overcharged.

eBay also have a way of 'charging you' for items that you may have sold privately while listed on eBay and removed from eBay, when you have had contact from other members and shared any form of contact details -eBay see it as you sold it to them (even if you didn't) and take their cut.

You need to go on chat or call them.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back