advertisement

New eBay payment method

We've just lost Paypal....again!
After two years of no new paypal accounts and limited usage of existing accounts, we regained full usage last March.
Now it has been removed again, we certainly cannot be paid via it anymore and I'm a little unclear if we can do anything with the accounts from the 01/10/22.
We are supposed to reregister accounts with a "Thai Identification Number". Only Thai citizens have these and there is no provision for passport number or any other kind of reference number for an expat to use.

Years ago I used Ebay and PaypaI extensively for private and business but made my final ebay transactions last month, with no plan to move to the new payment system, if available here.

On-line saver with a famous bank.
The account I have been using with eBay for years.

I have also offered them a bricks and mortar current account option but they then got confused with hanging blank screens and circles.
So it's back to the original, hopefully.

Using an account with eBay for years as Managed Payments only really emerged for private sellers eighteen months ago? Do you mean using with PayPal?

When you say a 'famous' bank, is it an online only bank?

This will have caused a cache blockage and planted some cookies if it failed. You can try clearing the cache and cookies, but sometimes eBay bots detect a 'risk' from the computers MAC and IP.

Try using a different computer on a different network to add the new B&M bank.

You're right, I think it must have been 18 months since they paid into my PayPal. I've used an online saver since they discontinued with PayPal.

Yes, a famous bank that has both online and standard High Street checking accounts.

The most frustrating thing is to keep following their instructions.
Confirmation that it has received the information and a couple of hours later another email arrives telling me to update the details again.

I could spend the rest of my life doing that and so there's been a lot of bad mouthing in my feedback to the 'bay.

Try using a different computer on a different network to add the new B&M bank.
I've tried another phone, plus an ipad, and opening another ebay account but there's only so much time in my life to devote to ebay intransigence.
I have a case open with them at the moment which should be resolved Friday. And that's how long it will take, they say.
I could have put something on the market this week but for this.

And I definitely won't be buying anything until they resolve their issues.

I do not like the way they are behaving and what it is morphing into.

I have no intention of using their new system, I want to keep the auction and payment sides seperate. It is just cyber security.

Once I no longer can use PayPal then I'll move and close the account, I have no time for their antics. I'll source and sell through other channels.

Locally facebook is taking over from the local auction website. Taking 1/8 part of the sales proceeds is plain highway robbery. And if there is a dispute then you can bet they side with the buyer.

Yes, ebay became joke. Recently after long time tried to sell something for about 200 money, was not allowed. They show limit for me is 30 or something. What? I could understand if I tried 200 000, not this.

I've tried another phone, plus an ipad, and opening another ebay account but there's only so much time in my life to devote to ebay intransigence.
I have a case open with them at the moment which should be resolved Friday. And that's how long it will take, they say.
I could have put something on the market this week but for this.

And I definitely won't be buying anything until they resolve their issues.

I have a feeling this is more to do with ID not being submitted or approved correctly. Unfortunately, it may take a million phone calls to get the bottom of it. Try calling around 8.30-9am, you will often get the Ireland office at this point, and they have a much big grasp of issues than the Manilla script readers.

I doubt you will see resolution by Friday unless you keep pestering.

It once took me 27 phone calls to finally get a matter sorted - once I got the Ireland team, it was dealt with in five minutes. Two weeks prior to that was frustration and stress.

Sadly, by opening new eBay accounts because of this issue, the bots will have linked you as a potential security risk and your account will be flagged now.

I have a few things to sell so unless ebay resumes a method for payment I can't sell on the site.
That is quite a nuisance but needs must, I will have to use other methods.

Not least, pfm classifieds for hifi.

Hi guys & gals, first post here, thx for having me!
I was an occasional seller on the 'bay and did reasonably well, achieving prices for gear I couldn't have dreamt of selling locally. When there was any significant amount in PP I would draw it down, smaller amounts I left for buying.
Last year out of the blue I got a message from eBay asking for proof of ID and all sorts of other sensitive data, I actually thought it was a phishing scam! (My 1100+ 100% positive a/c dates back to 2004 btw) But what I liked even less was that, had I had any funds with them at the time, those funds would have been withheld until I had jumped through all their hoops. I did try, but having changed address in the previous year something clearly didn't click into place at 'their end' and I ended up in the endless loop. So I gave up. Result: I've not sold anything their way for over a year and don't intend to for the foreseeable, despite the fact my attic rafters are once again sagging!
Some business model, eh?
The whole thing has a distinctly American flavour (or should that be 'flavor'?) to it, not a toss given for the individual.

Local auction website is also a joke, no redress if something goes awry either selling or buying. Don't want to know.

End result is that a lot of people are now listing locally on Facebook which is not without its dangers. Enough about that.

I remember the start of the local auction website, you paid $0.25 for a listing and $0.10 for a picture and that was it. Now they want a substantial percentage of the sales price, duh....

Ebay has now become unusable for me from now on.

I just sold an item for £180 and received - £133 from ebay. On top of that I have to pay for postage.
Thanks guys and goodbye.

Ebay has now become unusable for me from now on.

I just sold an item for £180 and received - £133 from ebay. On top of that I have to pay for postage.
Thanks guys and goodbye.

Now, that is F'in shameful.

And the grounds for a call of arms.

eBay is a fraud, it claims to be an auction site but it is crammed to the rafters with Buy it Now listings.

Just look at them, over priced tat and the sellers know it.

I have been searching for a wireless functional doorbell system.

OT: "Any suggestions."

Lately, I have been clicking on watch this item, shortly after the seller offers me a paltry deduction.

I am tempted to respond but I don't know what info is available to the seller.

Anyone in the know know about that as I have only ever been a buyer.

yes it is both auction and market place

They should separate the auctions and BIN sales, imho.

The BIN listings act like an auction in reverse, high prices tumble to low prices, it is such a waste of time and bandwidth.

nah,

and?

You see something but it is listed at way over price, sometimes more than new price and and and you have to wait for the seller to become sensible or reasonable.

An example, I have seen a remote control I could use.

One is listed but it has a great scratch across the front, seller is asking for 17ukp, I click watch, he offers me 80 pence reduction!

I think it should be listed no more than a tenner.

Discuss...

;)

go to Amazon, buy Ring - end of story.

Nah...

But thanks anyways.

I just want a wireless doorbell with a useful transmitting range through brick walls.

I don't want a why fi video doorbell, just a ring and flashing light cos my hearing is on the decline. :(

advertisement

Back