advertisement

New Couple 3 interconnect from Rega

Still only 1m though. I would love to use it between my Fono and my Elex-r. I have couple 2 between my Dac R and the amp. Great cable.

Those Neutrik plugs looks to be even longer than those fitted on Couple 1......maybe its just sight amount ?

Sounds like good value then. The Couple2 was a decent sounding cable. Nothing special but good value and a solid cable. The locking plugs were a bit of a pain though. You had to undo them to fit them and there was a fine line between they being loose and the outer body falling off the plug. Not the end of the world but a bit unnecessary I thought.

That was the case with original Couple, for sure.

Couple 3 is more likely to be based upon something from...

https://shop.klotz-ais.com/bulk-cables/mikrofon-starquad-cable/microphone.html

One hint is to be found in Rega's product description...

"This cable was originally developed as a critical component used inside our award-winning reference level Aura phono stage."

More specific clues show up in the technical specifications, vis a vie multi strand (28), strand size 0.22mm².

A peek under the lid of Aura shows Rega's own branded tonearm cable connecting both from the inputs and to the unbalanced outputs, however, the balanced outputs require a minimum of 2 same cores plus shield which equates to microphone cable.

If you zoom in on the larger OD cables connecting to the two XLR sockets within the lid off image of Aura (below) you'll notice the label ending with 'DOUBLE SPIRAL SHIELD - by KLOTZ'. You may also notice a bit of red insulation leading to the hot pin of each XLR (Klotz use red and blue for hot and neutral respectively).

aura-mc-gallery-04.jpg

advertisement

Back