advertisement

New Bluesound Node Released

Manket

Forever a Naim Man
I've just spotted the advert on my Facebook link page.

I just knew an updated Node was around the corner after seeing last autumn's generous price reduction!

https://www.bluesound.com/

I brought one last year during the summer lockdown and have been very impressed with my 1st streamer.
The new one only increased by £50 to £549. But strangely they not calling it Node 3! Not a big change in performance maybe?

Probably just a slight refresh and not a major model update. It does say a new dac which got me excited.

Holding off purchase until I see a proper review of this new version. The old version might becomes cheaper now to reduce old stock and also on the secondhand.

I am itching to buy another one for my main Hi-Fi rig.

If it sounds better than the old then it going to be great buy for just £50 increase.

What I like about the node is it simplicity of software upgrade and ease of use. My 7 years old boy has no problem with using it.

I would love to get a Naim streamer but put off about software glitches, high cost and it still hasn’t given native support to Amazon Music.

Thanks for the link. More details coming out about Node 2i (v2).

They should have done something more on the power supply as 3rd party modders all quoting major uplift even on the model.

Thanks for the link. More details coming out about Node 2i (v2).

They should have done something more on the power supply as 3rd party modders all quoting major uplift even on the model.
They could have but that would probably mean a significant uplift in price.
As it stands they appear to be concentrating on further improving something that is already head and shoulders above the competition at this price point.

I am still a CD man at heart and have been busy getting cheap as chips CDs lately.

However, having a good streamer in situ is not a bad idea. The Node is just priced right and to have great audiophile player to enjoy the vast catalogue of music online is fanatic.

I even enjoying the internet radio stations these days. Love these collection of stations in the Switzerland region.
Under the Node radio section, just search for NRG radio station as listed in

https://energy.ch/

I just love their easy listening and 80s genres.
And minimum advert breaks compared to U.K.

Why pay crazy prices on vinyl and cd, when you can get a 7€ Spotify subscription per month ?I guess I’m buying this new node! ;)

Apparently, an improved DAC section, ( not that the old one was that bad tbh),
a more powerful processor
A bigger better top screen including presets ( presumably for favourite radio stations etc?) which has motion sensing controls,
Usb output for those using a separate usb DAC,
& a better quality cosmetic finish.
If all that is true, then it’s worth the £50 price hike.
There is also a new version of the Powernode.

Last edited:
Why pay crazy prices on vinyl and cd, when you can get a 7€ Spotify subscription per month ?I guess I’m buying this new node! ;)

The thing is if I buy a CD I generally know the release already so the disc is a dead cert to be played several times over the years and I own it, which is important to me whereas when I pay my subs to Qobus I get no say in the content whatsoever. I have no problem with that as I basically use Qobus to discover stuff that passed me by completely over the last 40 years or so like classical and jazz and soundtracks but physical releases will always be important to me personally. Both now have their place.

Brought a £1 CD recently in the pound shop. Bit perfect!

Get the Node streamer if you looking to have HQ streaming, you won’t regret it. You’ll easily spend £300 to £500 on upgrade cables etc!

The thing is if I buy a CD I generally know the release already so the disc is a dead cert to be played several times over the years and I own it, which is important to me whereas when I pay my subs to Qobus I get no say in the content whatsoever. I have no problem with that as I basically use Qobus to discover stuff that passed me by completely over the last 40 years or so like classical and jazz and soundtracks but physical releases will always be important to me personally. Both now have their place.

Same as you @eevo1969.

I have been using streaming to discover music and then get CDs into my collection that I will play again and again. I might not be able to afford to streaming in my old age just like Sky TV packages!LOL

Not all music is on AmazonHD so I tend to purchase the CDs e.g. the old JazzFM radio CDs in the late 90s/early 00s great recording for essentially the greatest hits. I remember these being £15 to £20. Now I am getting them for a few ££ for perfect pre-owned CD.

Brought a £1 CD recently in the pound shop. Bit perfect!

Get the Node streamer if you looking to have HQ streaming, you won’t regret it. You’ll easily spend £300 to £500 on upgrade cables etc!

We really do need that 'tongue-in-cheek' smiley.

advertisement

Back