advertisement

New AC/DC remasters/box-set?

JTC

PFM Villager...
Hi folks.

I've long been a fan of early AC/DC, basically the Bob Scott stuff although much of the later stuff is worthwhile.

Anyway, I noticed from a music rag this month (I think it's this month's Uncut, but I don't have it to hand) that they are re-releasing the AC/DC back-catalogue as 'remastered'. However, I might be mistaken but I thought they'd already done this.

Nevertheless, I'm curious to see if anyone has heard any of these remasters and/or if the whole lot is, as it appeared to me, a boxed-set, re-remastered (perhaps) - pref. an analogue remaster on virgin vinyl - that'd do nicely.

Anyway, as the man said "it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll"...

jtc no mullet since the 80s...

Hi,

Haven't seen this stuff on vinyl (haven't really looked however). I picked up a re-mastered copy of 'Back in Black' (first album post Bon Scott) on CD last week and reckon it sounds pretty good. Definately worth looking out for, especially if you can find it in vinyl.

As they say in this part of the world - 'its a long way to the shop if you want a saussage-roll'

Stuart.

Originally posted by JTC
I've long been a fan of early AC/DC, basically the Bob Scott stuff although much of the later stuff is worthwhile.

Bob Scott eh? :)

I'm reminded me of an exchange in Viz's Sid the Sexist strip.

"We've had 'em all in here ya knaa. Brian Thompson from that lang haired AB/CD group. Y'should see their big American coors man. Chevettes."

Nearly did our 'man from Forfar' a disservice. I meant BON - too bad they put the B key right next to the N key... hey, it coulda gone either way, he could have been BOM or BOJ...

;)

jtc

advertisement

Back