advertisement

New ‘high end’ Rega item?

Have they ever done a pre/power?

Released twenty years ago

s-l960.jpg

Rega don’t advertise but they are adept at product placement by way of supplying TTs to music magazines. Roksan do this quite a bit also.

Nothing to stop a retailer placing ads either.

Rega do market themselves very effectively, hats off to them.

Arguably their best-looking components/electronics, in this later metal faceplate version at least.
I agree. £1500 or so for Cursa pre and Exon monoblocks in 2001, IIRC. Sounded nice, but didn't seem a step change from the Linn Kolektor/ LK85 combo I ended up with, despite being even more expensive. (I felt guilty at the time for spending £1030 I think it was for the Linns.)

Yes, I have. That's, er, why I said it.

There's one in this month's Stereophile.

It was a question asked in earnest.

To my knowledge, Rega don't advertise directly, though sometimes distributors or retail outfits do run ads featuring Rega products. I've already recycled the February issue so I can't check the Advertiser index. I know the January issue has a half-page Rega P10, as part of an advertisement for The Cable Company.

To my knowledge, Rega don't advertise directly, though sometimes distributors or retail outfits do run ads featuring Rega products. I've already recycled the February issue so I can't check the Advertiser index. I know the January issue has a half-page Rega P10, as part of an advertisement for The Cable Company.
That's very generous of The Cable Company.

EDIT: On second thought, apparently they aren't just a cable company, but an appointed Rega dealer. I must have been thinking 'Chord'.

Last edited:

Though they do post on social media which will reach many many times the amount of people compared to any hifi mag or even all the hifi Mags.

An anniversary TT I would expect but I'd like to see a preamp and monos.

Though they do post on social media which will reach many many times the amount of people compared to any hifi mag or even all the hifi Mags.

An anniversary TT I would expect but I'd like to see a preamp and monos.

I do click on the Twitter link for updates and stuff Rega using my wife's login as I'm not a Twitterer, last showing 441 following and 17.9k followers.

Don't think you will see a pre / power design, they left that arena years ago. Dual mono Osiris is the way to go for some serious amplification.

I have now heard what the new 'high end' product will be, but I promised that I would not disclose this information until there has been a formal announcement by Regao_O

advertisement

Back