advertisement

New ‘high end’ Rega item?

I think we know they have a production Naiad in the works don't we? Called the Naia? £9K? Some teaser ads in the US mags I see....

A new Brio is certainly due out in 2023? This is the last one in the former case design and it is being heavily discounted at the moment. Will it come with the same DAC as the new Elex and Elicit? Maybe not enough room in the case.
Also, Roy hinted at wanting to make a new MC only phono preamp that would come between the Aria and the Aura. That was a few years ago, though.
I am sure we will be seeing the Naia in 2023, and maybe new phenolic loudspeakers higher in the range.

:D

The red display reminds me of old Texas Instrument calculators from the seventies so maybe that’s why it looks a bit old school to me. ( I was in school in the 70’s and had one):D.
We had slide rules.

I expect Bristol will provide some answers. If not I'll twist the arm of that nice young chap whose name escapes me...

Seems someone has beaten Rega to market with a product named Naia.

Somewhat appropriately named, as this is an electric vacuum cleaner for flat bottom pools.

Reportedly, capable of 15m/min cleaning speed and 15m3/h suction flow rate, according to the specs.

Naia_1024x1024.png

I've still got my red LED TI-30 "Electronic Slide-rule Calculator" in its faux denim case and original box within my bottom dresser 'archive' drawer.

Always had to make sure to have a spare 9V battery along with these.

Wow, mine fell by the wayside or maybe off a desk. You can still pick them up though!

Wow, mine fell by the wayside or maybe off a desk. You can still pick them up though!

Looking back at these now, the display font wasn't much bigger than that printed on the keypad.

I do clearly remember feeling like I had finally entered the new digital future when I bought mine.

Such a feeling of superiority over those mere mortals who were still struggling with their none electronic slide rules too.:D

I think we know they have a production Naiad in the works don't we? Called the Naia? £9K? Some teaser ads in the US mags I see....

Unless something has changed, Rega doesn't advertise, so I'm curious - have you seen these supposed ads, or...?

Unless something has changed, Rega doesn't advertise, so I'm curious - have you seen these supposed ads, or...?

Rega themselves have long chosen not to advertise in the UK press (nor, as I recall, supply review samples at one time).

Doesn't mean Johnny Foreigner and ex-colonials have to follow suit in their markets.

I've worked on ads and marketing material previously for their long-time US distributor.

Yes, I have. That's, er, why I said it.

There's one in this month's Stereophile.

Sounds plausible. ;-)

The Sound Organisation are long-time advertisers in Stereophile, I did a series of ads for both that publication and ToneAudio, and I see from the vaults they supplied me with older Rega ad samples from a decade or so back.

Thought that was the new Chord dac.
May as well be.

Some of those recent Chord boxes are just a bit too Jules Verne, for my tastes.

Then again, they could have put a Sony-style sticker on this one saying "My first Chord".

Last edited:

advertisement

Back