Never say never....a $10,000/1 meter power cable?!*

Nero

active is more cables and that usually equals lots
To start
Active x over & ps ie Snaxo 362 & s/cap
Now we also have 3 pairs of DIN / XLR instead of 1
2 additional power amps or 4 for 135’s
2 more pairs of speaker cables

I have 24 sets of cables, quite a few of these are pairs, I would consider this to be a lot of cables

lyndon

it must have been the fuses in those UK plugs and sockets. FFS like a few mOhm of resistance makes any difference when thetes hundreds of volts, a dozen amps and thousands of uF of capacitance between the wall and the first semiconductor

Yes, the obvious series of A-B is current source, amp, speaker etc. with an expensive cable vs different expensive Item with cheaper cable. Improvement should be much better for much less without needing to go down that path, not that the OP says he would.

I don’t disbelieve it but money on components, mains, room have to bigger for less, no?

Does this cable make the system sound 10,000 times better than a £1 cable? I would need more evidence than the ears of someone's elderly relative.

Are people really this gullible?
Are the rich this gullible?
If so how the F did they get rich?
Does being dim help in getting rich?
Does being rich make you SO bored that you need to spend hours and thousands wondering if cable costing 100 dollars for 1 cm sounds 0.03 % better than one costing 1 dollar for 10cm?
Is 0.03 an exaggeration?

Maybe
I have more questions but my sense of the ridiculous has just given up fo the night.

Are people really this gullible?
Are the rich this gullible?
If so how the F did they get rich?
Does being dim help in getting rich?
Does being rich make you SO bored that you need to spend hours and thousands wondering if cable costing 100 dollars for 1 cm sounds 0.03 % better than one costing 1 dollar for 10cm?
Is 0.03 an exaggeration?

Maybe
I have more questions but my sense of the ridiculous has just given up fo the night.

I do not think rich people buy these things. The buyers are ordinary middle income audiophiles who burn their life savings / retirement money on these things. But of course, the (false) belief that rich people buy these is part of the allure. Another thing is the fear of missing out. Because it is all about the music - is it not? - even after decades of having been duped by various snake oil peddlers. It is too late to turn back now.

Not saying these cables are better, worse, different sounding because frankly I don't care. However, if it cost another 10k for 0.5m more, I'd just spend 1k on having a load of sockets fitted as close to my kit as is humanly possible - 50cm power cables anyone?

Nah it isn't that simple. Nordost demo's clearly demonstrates longer runs of their cables sound better. AFAIK 5m per cable is ideal. 50cm runs probably sound worse than bog standard mains leads.

Ideal for the Nordost balance sheet

I always found the Lars demonstrations amusing. Nobody dared to point out he had just turned up the music after putting in the 5m cable. It was always crap music and one was given 40 seconds to be mesmerised by such incredible improvement. He used a pair of relatively cheap B&W speakers that sounded horrible.

I did a little test one day when a friend brought a Valhalla power cable to a listening session. I plugged it in to my Dac unknown to all. Heaven had not arrived nobody commented negatively or positively on any big change.

I always found the Lars demonstrations amusing. Nobody dared to point out he had just turned up the music after putting in the 5m cable. It was always crap music and one was given 40 seconds to be mesmerised by such incredible improvement. He used a pair of relatively cheap B&W speakers that sounded horrible.

I did a little test one day when a friend brought a Valhalla power cable to a listening session. I plugged it in to my Dac unknown to all. Heaven had not arrived nobody commented negatively or positively on any big change.

because as you probably already confirmed, it’s impossible to comment on a change that didn’t exist and was technically impossible.

I find hifi audiophile cable **** to be quite hilarious in the extreme. I had to come away from the roon community forum because the number of people there extolling the benefits of audiophile Ethernet cables and switches was mind boggling. As an IT professional of 20 years there was somehow no reasoning with these people and it seems there’s a whole subset of otherwise intelligent people happy to plough ridiculous sums of money into utterly imagined benefits and fairy dust magic.

Right up there with audiophile USB cables.

For 10,000 'poons', you think you could afford a better than 320 kbps stream? I mean, I hate monthly's just as much as the next guy, but.....

advertisement

Back