Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Nelson Pass First Watt Aleph J Clone

Discussion in 'd.i.y. classifieds' started by laverda, Apr 11, 2021.

1. laverda

laverda pfm Member

Offered here first before elsewhere...

I have to have a clear out as I cant just keep stuff for ever and never use it or use it very little and need to fund up and coming projects for my YouTube channel. So this is the Pass Aleph J Class A amplifier as featured in this video:-

[​IMG]

All the Mosfets and Jfets where purchased from DIYAudio along with the power supply and amp board PCBs.
    If you take a look at the build videos you will see the complete build and setup process.

Please PM with offers if interested as I'm not sure where to pitch a price.

An Audition is possible but due to Covid only select times will be available. (my partner works for the NHS, she is paranoid about strangers turning up just to listen to kit) or I can ship at cost UK only.

Just to clarify (as I've had some questions) It has two transformers into two rectifiers into one power supply board which has Nippon 33000uf capacitors (66000uf per rail) The amp boards where built using premium parts. (Dale RN60) There is now also a Velleman K4700 DC speaker protection circuit installed which was not shown in the last video.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Tonewheelkev

Tonewheelkev ...I can dream!!

....go on....give us a clue!!!

3. laverda

laverda pfm Member

£750....

Tonewheelkev likes this.
  4. eastone

eastone pfm Member

That sounds about market value for these, but that is still a huge bargain for the SQ on offer... I’d be all over this if I had the cash right now.

5. laverda

laverda pfm Member

Now £650.

6. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Re-post it in the main classifieds! As far as I know it's not bending the rules to post there so long as you're upfront about it being DIY.

I sold my F5, BA2018 pre, and some RPi curiosities in the main classified forum. Way more eyes there!

i.j.russell likes this.
  7. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Absurd bargain.

8. laverda

laverda pfm Member

NOW SOLD many thanks.

i.j.russell likes this.