advertisement

Neil Diamond

Woodface

pfm Member
Watching him on BBC2 in concert, I quite like some of his songs & think he’s obviously talented but dear god he takes himself rather seriously.

Dare I say, a rather unlikable performer?

Watching him on BBC2 in concert, I quite like some of his songs & think he’s obviously talented but dear god he takes himself rather seriously.

Dare I say, a rather unlikable performer?
Andy Eavis, the man behind the Glastonbury festival, came along to the school in Wiltshire where my brother works to present a prize to one of his pupils. My brother spent some time chatting to Mr Eavis ( who was absolutely charming) & asked him who were the nicest folk he'd met from the many acts who'd played at the festival. His answer? Neil Diamond & Coldplay.

Andy Eavis, the man behind the Glastonbury festival, came along to the school in Wiltshire where my brother works to present a prize to one of his pupils. My brother spent some time chatting to Mr Eavis ( who was absolutely charming) & asked him who were the nicest folk he'd met from the many acts who'd played at the festival. His answer? Neil Diamond & Coldplay.
He’s probably mellowed with age? Did he say who were the worst?

I saw Neil Diamond at London Olympia in 1982ish and he was a consumate performer. The audience were eating out of the palm of his hand. I was a snotty 15 year old into Hawkwind only there on ushering duties but even I was impressed. I understand the point about him taking himself seriously though. He had given strict instructions that anyone not in their seat by the start of the first number would have to wait outside until the start of the second. As an usher, security was not my role. There was no way anyone was going to stop the stampede of middle aged women that charged in when the music started.

advertisement

Back