advertisement

Needle-drops: please remove any posts linking to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony L

Administrator
I have to ask that all posts containing links to comparative vinyl needle-drops be removed from this site. Though only short clips / excepts etc made to indicate differences between turntables, cartridges etc, and never intended as a file sharing resource, they are still likely to be in breach of copyright legislation.

I've just had my Google AdSense account disabled due to this aspect breaking their rules regarding copyright infringement (which obviously has a significant impact on the site's finances). I'll start going through myself later and deleting posts / threads containing any such content, but it would be a big help if those who have created any such posts could remove them.

Many thanks.

Tony.

Update: I think I've got everything now. The only things I've left are links to music where the pfm member owns the copyright, copyright-free test tones etc and non-music related content e.g. members' pictures, vintage audio kit manuals etc.

The hosts I have removed links to are mediafire, soundcloud, sendspace, rapidshare, dropbox and zshare.

I'd like to request that people remain vigilant on this and please use the report post function to indicate any post you feel may contain copyrighted material. Also please PM me if you think I've missed any relevant external hosting sites.

Update: The action taken above has proven sufficient to get the Google AdSense system reinstated, which I'm obviously delighted about. I'd be very grateful if people would keep vigilant on this one as from now on we need to be very careful to keep the site free from any material that infringes copyright. As ever please don't assume the mods get to see anything - please report any link that you feel may present any copyright issue and I'll review it. The AUP (in the FAQ linked beneath the site logo) has also been updated to reflect this new policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back