advertisement

Need to decide to day which speakers

How so....please do tell

Hi 9designs

You have an enviable system! Lucky for you I'm in Alberta and not closer or I'd make a pest of myself until you let me hear it. (I would however bring a six-pack along).

Judging from the pic and the systematic evaluation of the candidate speakers you have done a good job putting the system together.

But please don't listen to S.T. or any industry affiliates who will encourage you to watse your money.

Your Pal from a chilly Alberta

Louballoo

i love big tannoys.

Same here. I have 12" Monitor Golds in Onken designed cabs. They have the bass thump, the top end that can be controlled by the treble controls and a mid range that just merges with them seamlessly. I can't hear any crossover nasties from these as i have heard from other multiways. Its like listening to fullrange speakers, but with the bottom and top end there.

:)
Hi 9designs

You have an enviable system! Lucky for you I'm in Alberta and not closer or I'd make a pest of myself until you let me hear it. (I would however bring a six-pack along).

Judging from the pic and the systematic evaluation of the candidate speakers you have done a good job putting the system together.

But please don't listen to S.T. or any industry affiliates who will encourage you to watse your money.

Your Pal from a chilly Alberta

Louballoo

Thanks for that, Linn tends to a love/hate brand around hear, but for me is the best all round supplier. Matched with the right speaker (not a big fan of Linn speakers) you can very enjoyable results :).
Though your six pack would be welcome, and would only disappoint you :p

Cables will be borrowed and compared in the same manner as the speakers were...... They will either work or not, we will see. I will make some Linn K400 (it's to full and warm in my view, was designed for lean Kabers remember) and the Van Damme I've already done.
Plan is to try the new Tellurium range, if they do what reviews and the claim is they will make a nice improvement. ( I owned the designers INCA TECH Claymore amp, which was a stunner, so hopefully he's still pulling off the same results).

If you need a leaner cable, add Chord Epic Twin to your list.

Don't forget to try the Tannoy DC8Ts.

Too late deposit paid on the PMC's ....:D
I actually never came across Tannoy as I did the dealer rounds, looked at them at the Whittlebury show.
In the end you can search forever, and never get off the pot so to speak.
My impression of them would be big low bass, something I'd struggle with I think in a smaller room.

advertisement

Back