advertisement

Need help for my B&W floor standing speakers

The easiest would be that my nephew orders these and makes a great cut off, of the base and the rest are statue holders for the garden :)

These have 2 platforms I could use after 2 cut offs
Atlas™ Speaker Stands - 40cm (Pair) | Products - B-Tech International (btechavmounts.com)

ARE THESE SCREWED ? COULD THIS BE IT ? 3 cm long spikes would be ok
They are but quality and dimensions and the platform is too high, want a simple plane board, not some art. Here is the manual BT604 OR2BX ASSEMBLY LEAFLET PAGE 1.dft (canford.fr)

Here are my Linn speakers and I just found out that they were screwed. But 30 cm wide instead of 23 cm. Lots of wasted room and will the speakers stand firm?
aa8861f1-0f7d-4037-a729-a4f60cf1a3bb

Last edited:
Problem solved :)

Diy wood boards on spikes, Squash balls ... did not help to chase away the awful bass.
Then I tried different amps:
1. Sudgen HA-4 with Rotel RB-980 BX --> that's why I made the post --> awful
2nd: Rotel RC-990 BX with Rotel RB-980 BX: little better, still awful
3rd: Cambridge Audi A-500: better, bass control a little less, but still too much bass
4th: 70ies Kenwood KA-7100: bass control a little less, but still too much bass, afterwards I found out loudness was in position middle, did not like the dynamics

Hmm.
Ok: change of speakers: Instead floorstanders I put Linn Kan stands and my B&W DM 601 S2 (distance measured from mid to mid: 2,3 m which I knew was near perfect) and connected with the 4 amplifiers to find out that 2nd and 3rd were really good but still awful bass on Mark Knopfler and The Corrs.

Then I had some Chicago which sounded amazing and some CD's where there was not enough bass. Wow my mood finally
started to rise up. After listening for 30 minutes and liking what I heard, I gave it a go.

Ok I said, it's the Cd's and it is also a tiny bit my room, but I have to find out, if my bookshelves sound good, my floorstanfders will sound too!

I threw away my diy spike boards.
Then I took off the transparent silicone dampers I glued on last week after a desperate cry for help. Finally I was able to push the speakers again with ease (like I did for 12 years) yeaah cool and tried out more distance between the speakers. From 2,2 m to now 2,7 m
Way better.

2,9 m possiblemaximum and the speakers do not hide the horns anymore.
Conclusion:
It works. Now I have 3 systems with 3 different sounds in my living room but the book shelves have to go back in my living room.

Waiting here from 7:28 a.m. for my Sudgen A21 SE Signature to arrive and a rolling platform is ready to try it also in the bedroom.
Now I want new bookshelves.
And the winners could be: B&W CDM 1 NT or 705 or 805
I'll see how the Sudgen sounds with my 4 pairs of B&W and will decide afterwards about the upgrade.

Regards.
HF

Sudgen A21 SE Signature just playing rock music on the B&W's and ... there is even nearly a lack of bass. I love it. So amazed.

advertisement

Back