advertisement

Near musical misses

Snufkin

pfm Member
Inspired by the thread about musicians who lived near you and not wishing to derail it too much I thought I should start a thread on musical related trivia, artefacts and people that you have missed out on.

So to start with some of my ‘misses’:

I had a friend who ran an unofficial VW repair and restoration business back in the 80/90’s and he came across and bought the Beetle that appears on the cover of Abbey Road – I wish I had bought that car from him as it really wasn’t worth a great deal back then.

About 10 years ago I remember seeing an F-frame Moulton being advertised for sale by a Florian Schneider in Dusseldorf. I so wanted to buy that bike just to get to meet him but of course it could have been a different Florian Schneider and Dusseldorf is a long way from Berkshire.

At the end of a gig, Steve Jansen (Japan drummer) threw his drumsticks into the audience, we (First Wife) were smack at the front, in the middle of the stage.
The drumstick caught her in the face, then she caught it.

Could have took her eye out ;)

My first trip to USA (San Francisco) for work - early '86. Julian Cope and his band and road crew were in the smoking section behind me. Only realised when queuing for immigration check in when they wheeled the gig cases through the immigration channel next to mine with his name on them... and there he was. Immigration officer to JC "Should I have heard anything by you?" JC "I doubt it"

I was once given several items of clothing belonging to Malcolm Roberts ( the singer) by his mum who was my dad’s secretary.
Bestest were a pair of orange hipster flares...

advertisement

Back