advertisement

[IC] NCC300 stereo amp

geoturbo

tinkerer w/o highly evolved auditory stimulus cpu
As an interest check for a diyer in the diy section, putting this up reluctantly, running rock solid and very cool.
Has no protections except for fuses in the psu section (I could include a not yet assembled Whadda kit replacement for the Velleman K4700 2 channel loudspeaker protection and a rough dc blocker which at some point I will be implementing in this amp when time will allow if not yet sold), and it's a dual mono build with 15000uF per each 50VDC rail (for a total of 60000uF).
Has been working flawlessly for the last couple of months for light subwoofer duties only and looking to possibly go for a cheaper alternative; in need of some tlc but can be used as is; if interested send pm, you know it's located in Italy, I would like to recoup what I spent, however open to price suggestions, in the process of putting up a pic, thanks

As is, Paypal f&f, asking price 1050GBP shipping paid to UK included, risks on buyer's end
1200EUR + shipping costs and risks on buyer's end

Lil'interest for the complete amp, been thinking about selling the amplifier modules only.. what about 525GBP for the pair? thanks

Up, dual mono build, now with DC blocker, fresh psu caps and speaker protection, selling amp as a whole preferably

People must have forgotten just how good the ncc300 is ??
They are a brilliant amp ...and I wouldn't be parting with mine for (what is) less than it would have cost to build

GLWS

No wish or inclination to out my mono's here.

They absolutely do need speaker protection though - NCC200s fried one woofer here. They may be different principles - 200 v 300, but protection costs peanuts, fried woofers cost ££££££ (mine is unobtainium, so beyond price).

Thank you, Gents, it is indeed a very good amp.
It is currently in daily use on the pictured monitors with a diy valve pre, with current rails at about +-50VDC this is probably rated at about 100WRMS at 8ohm, speaker protection is not the Whadda thing that was mentioned earlier, but I used some “passive” dc protection that needs no psu and gets activated in case dc is sensed on the amp output.
Will disclose further details/pictures as time allows.

Thinking to throw in a single higher spec transformer with a pair of +30% secondaries (2x +42-0-42Vac) and a single higher voltage separate secondary (+44-0-44Vac) to modify the build for higher specs and/or go Voyager (separate psu needed). Easy to source a second transformer in the UK and a second case if you'll ever decide to build another mono amp.

Be careful, as 42VAC secondaries for the output stage may be too high. I was using 40VAC with slightly high mains, and Les recommended that I changed the initial smoothing caps in the output stage to ones with a higher voltage rating.

Thanks for mentioning that Mike, I am leaving that to the competent diyer, maybe I rushed too much as the expected VDC will be about 60-0-60VDC with the AST trafo (vs. the actual 50-0-50VDC) and actual psu caps are rated at "only" 63VDC; the amp is pretty stable, good sounding and just warm to the touch idling as it is.
Specs for the extra trafo btw are Avondale Audio AST 540Va transformer 2x42-0-42Vac 1x24Vac 45-0-45Vac.
Anyone swapping this one for a Leak ST20, Radford or Quad.. I'd rather sell but a higher sensitivity speaker might be on the radar..

2k views, try to beat this! ;)
definitely still for sale at the moment, thanks

advertisement

Back