advertisement

Nap150X vs. Nap200

quakee

Hello Guys
It sounds better Nap150X or Nap200?
is a good upgrade? I do not want more power but more quality
The pre is Nac122X

regards

Then stick with the 150X with which your pre was designed around. Mixing and matching pre's and powers from both ranges a generations is not always predictable and often leads to disappointment. Tried and tested combinations are the ones that generally offer long term satisfaction, and then there is personal preferences amongst them, like my dislike for the 200 and admiration for the little 150X.

Then stick with the 150X with which your pre was designed around. Mixing and matching pre's and powers from both ranges a generations is not always predictable and often leads to disappointment. Tried and tested combinations are the ones that generally offer long term satisfaction, and then there is personal preferences amongst them, like my dislike for the 200 and admiration for the little 150X.

I have a lot of dynamics with my combo, 122x 150x perhaps with a Flatcap or Teddycap is better?

I have a lot of dynamics with my combo, 122x 150x perhaps with a Flatcap or Teddycap is better?

Certainly, a separate PSU on your pre will provide much more than changing poweramp unless your speakers are very hard driven

Even the Flatcap could match design of 122/150 a Hicap gain much better performance, go hear it if possible

Make sure to max out the source too, poweramp is the last thing you should change

150X is a great little power amp.

Perfect with 122X, I'd go to 152XS before changing the power amp.

A 72/140/Hi will eat them alive!

If your speakers are an easy load, I would have thought there were other ways of improving things (should you feel that is necessary) before going near the power amp.

stick with 150x and add flatcap. Going 202 or 282 will not necessarily yield improvements. I actually think the 282 is a shitty preamp. Bought one and sold it 6 months later . An audition is a must before you buy

advertisement

Back