advertisement

Nap140/Ncc200 problems

If your happy that the original supply is better, then fix it, should be no more than a couple of hours work :)
Alan

Thanks for the input guys. I`m going to get on this this week, just back from a weekend supporting the better half in the London marathon.
The plan is to convert to a pair of 140 monoblocks with NCC200 and with minicap 6 boards, so if things are not a simple fix at this stage then the Minicap6 upgrade may happen sooner than planned.
Would be nice to learn a little along the way if possible however.

Thanks for all the input folks.

I have today removed the 24v wire to the din socket and desoldered the small rectifier of the preamp circuit and removed the exploded voltage regulator. Checked voltages at around 36.3v before hooking up the modules again. Tweaked the bias on each board to 40mA and everything is sounding very very sweet indeed!

Never heard bass this controlled and defined in my system. Can’t wait to get a hold of another Nap140 and minicap boards to see what world opens up when they’re monoblocked, but just now I’m loving listening.
Thanks all for your input, much appreciated.

When you changed cables around did that include anything to do with the wire to the preamp/preamps PSU?
It's a tremendous coincidence that this all failed at that time, and while shorting the preamp PSU should be safe, perhaps it triggered a cascade. Maybe worth checking the cabling regardless.

Impressive job on the 317 though. Work of art.

When you changed cables around did that include anything to do with the wire to the preamp/preamps PSU?
It's a tremendous coincidence that this all failed at that time, and while shorting the preamp PSU should be safe, perhaps it triggered a cascade. Maybe worth checking the cabling regardless.

Impressive job on the 317 though. Work of art.
Didn’t touch it Paul! That plug is simply not connected on the 4 pin Din plug I’m using. I only changed the speaker cable. Mysterious.

It's a tremendous coincidence that this all failed at that time, and while shorting the preamp PSU should be safe, perhaps it triggered a cascade.
Good day
I thinks this is static voltage when connecting devices but if LM317 burn in working stage maybe hifreq currents is damage tantalum caps near lm317 and he close to earth after that burn LM and bridge with pcb board roads :))
Anyway need check work power lines NCC200 with oscilloscope
maybe when NCC200 working
In psu lines have the hifreq generation :))

Last edited:

advertisement

Back